8.9

1. replaced battery (5 reports)
  3. replace radio navigation screen (1 reports)
2009 Dodge Journey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

2009 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Dec 022011

Journey RT V6

This car is an absolute nightmare!!! Per the dealer I have a "bad cell" in my battery, which is understandable. What I don't understand is in the 2 and 1/2 years I have owned this car I am going on my 3rd battery!!!!! It can't always be the battery. There has to be more to it. Something is draining my batteries how come I can't get any help. My car died while I was driving. Luckily my toddler was not in the car and I was not hit by anyone else. What will it take for Dodge to realize this car is dangerous!

- , Middletown, NY, USA

Nov 092011

Journey SXT 3.2L V6

This vehicle has left us stranded numerous times. Chrysler has no idea what the problem is. We say it's just a POOR design. We have had 3 different batteries, multiple jump starts and tows. The dealer has replaced a computer, the CD/Radio and wiring harnesses. The longest we've gone without problems is 8 months. When the dealer has the vehicle, it's for days at a time (3 days this time, 10 days last time). The dealer claims that Chrysler tells them the it's not driven enough. The vehicle is driven daily, albeit only 2000 miles per year. Their solution is to disconnect a fuse while the vehicle is sitting, then re-connect it before starting.We're sorry but that is NOT ACCEPTABLE! If anyone can give us some contact information for Chrysler, Please post it. WewillNOT buy another Chrysler product.

- , Randallstown, MD, USA

Jul 182011

Journey SXT 3.5L V6

What can I say? to have to replace a battery in under 3 years, and to have to remove the fender well to do it?

- , Santa Rosa, CA, USA

Jan 022010

Journey SXT V6

Bought the car with a dead battery. Replaced it once. A month later the battery dead again. Replaced it again. A week later yet again. The issue was a the radio/navigation was draining the battery. Radio/ Nav was replaced and no more issues with the battery.

- , El Sobrante, CA, USA

May 272011

Journey SXT 3.2L

At times when I get ready to start this car, turned the key and nothing happens, I have visited the Dodge dealer and had them check the key fob and they say that the key is fine and when I had Walmart check out the battery today they told me that the battery needed replacing and that battery was in service for 37 months which would mean that the battery was in the vehicle before I bought the car in 2009. This is definite an area that needs to be address before purchasing any new vehicle to insure that the battery is a new battery. I eventually had to go to Pep Boys to get the battery replaced.

- , San Antonio, Texas, USA

Oct 142009

Journey V6

Battery died...completely dead...left me stranded at the mall! Jumped it and got it to Dodge...Ironically, this car has the battery hidden so thank God I could figure out how to jump it in the first place! Dodge replaced it but had to order one in. I was in a rental for a week!

- , Farmington, NM, USA

Feb 012011

Journey 6 cyl

My Dodge Journey is not even two years old and I have already had to replace the battery. When I went to the dealership they told me that it would be $50 to check the battery. I about fell to the ground! After showing my surprise, they tried to tell me that it was an hour long job because they had to take the front tire off to access the battery...first of all....STUPID PLACE TO PUT A BATTERY!!! Second, I told them that it specifically says in the manual that you DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE TIRE to access the battery...all you have to do is remove the wheel well...AGAIN STUPID! I asked them how much it would cost IF in fact it was the battery that was bad....$180 installed! I asked them if they could work with me to cover the cost of the battery since it was not even 2 years old....they told me that it was out of warranty at 36,000 miles... my car had 41,000miles and they weren't willing to do ANYTHING!!!! I told them to give me my car back, I was by NO MEANS paying them $50 + $180. I went to Wal-Mart where they checked the battery FOR FREE and replaced it all in a total of 25 minutes. The price was $67 after the return of the core...A HUGE difference from the $230 DODGE WANTED ME TO PAY! AND it was NOWHERE NEAR an hour...they checked it and replaced it in 25 minutes! I had a KIA for 5+ years with 100,000 miles on it and only had to replace that battery 1 time at around 80,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Dodge again....and will be trading the one I have now for another KIA!

- , Frederick, MD, USA