CarComplaints.com Notes: A prime example of why you should never buy the first model year of a new vehicle.

2.3

2009 Dodge Journey lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

2009 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Dec 182013

Journey

Wipers come on and want stop. Signal lights want work while wipers are going.dash board dims also which makes it a hazard to drive.car has been to the Dodge dealer three times and they say that its the tipm module and its $1500 to fix. It is happening more often now. I got pulled over by the police and he told me to park the its my only transportation I think Dodge need to fix this problem U can google Dodge complaint and I am not the only one having this proble

- Troy, MO, USA

Jul 302014

Journey 6-cyl

I took the vehicle in to my normal mechainc because the taillight keeps going out & I have a bas light that keeps coming on which when on means I can't ue the cruise control. I'm also having issues with the ignition where it sometimes won't start, just clicks & when that occurs you have to put it in gear take it out & then it'll start up. My mechanic told me the tailight & all the other issues can be attributed to a bad PCM & I had to take it to the dealer. As I investigated these issues I noticed that most of these electrical issues are being posted as recalled items, but when I contacted the local dealership & Dodge directly they tell me no. How can all of the same things that are being recalled be happening with my vehicle & none of that be recalled work that needs to be done?

- Lynn Haven, FL, USA

Jan 272012

Journey 6-cyl

The car was scanned several times. It has electrical defects and shows up 17 codes, must of them active. Brakes lights and control panel don't works. When we open only the second row door, lights don't work, but if you open any front door then we have lights. Also, we have problems with the entertainment center. It was changed by the dealer a couple of times but still showing the same problem. All the dashboard lights was changed by the dealer but until now we still having the same problem, for example, gas meter goes on and off, mph meter and tachometer goes down and up while the car is moving on the road. A couple of times we were unable to turn on the car after a lot of tries. Car dealer changed battery of the car by June/2012. When this happen while driving the car I feel so insecure cause I have a 4 year old child and I afraid something bad happen to my child and me. Its so weird seen all the dashboard lights going on and off while driving, its like the car turned crazy.

- Caguas, PR, USA