Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: A prime example of why you should never buy the first model year of a new vehicle.

2009 Dodge Journey windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

2009 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

May 122014

Journey 6-cyl

Front power windows and power mirrors suddenly stopped working. Rear windows do roll down however the drivers and front passenger windows do not work from the drivers side. The front passenger window rolls down from the passenger side but not the drivers side. I believe this is a known issue and should be fixed by the manufacturer before they loose more business.

- South Gate, CA, USA

Jan 182014

Both front window will not go up from left master switch however rt window will operate from rt switch. Diag found that the vehicle drive door harness and module must be replaced.

- Durham, NC, USA

Aug 252010

I purchased this car in August 2010 (it is a 2009) and since then, I have had the vehicle in the shop 33 times. I have had to replace all brakes and rotors, had front passenger-side window motor replaced, driver-side is going out now, had leaking from the ceiling, replacing the cracked radiator right now, had the emergency brake fixed, needed new rods and bushings, fuel injectors run loud, there is a drone noise from the right side of the vehicle when going 1800-2000 RPM, electrical systems short out, had the electric throttle indicator light come on, car dies all the time, yet the battery is fine, ...bottom line, this is a lemon. I have the R/T model which the dealership likes to claim "is just the noisy one." That is a very poor answer towards a consumer. I take very good care of my vehicles and to put up with this is upsetting. I have spent over $3000 in repairs in the 2 1/2 years that I have owned this SUV. Chrysler has made no attempts to help with these common problems and I know that I will not support this company buy purchasing with them again. When I bought a Journey...I didn't realize being able to drive it without problems, would be such a "Journey."

- Newport News, VA, USA