CarComplaints.com Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

7.9

1. replace with good quality pads and rotors (49 reports)
  2. replace brakes and rotors (24 reports)
  4. Chrysler extending warranty to 36k miles (8 reports)
  5. recall brake system (8 reports)
  6. Dodge did not pay a penny! (5 reports)
2010 Dodge Journey brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Oct 312016

Journey STX V6

Every year from March 2012 to October 2016 I had to change the disks, pads and occasionally the rotors on me rear or front brakes.

Oct 132015

Journey STX V6

Every year from March 2012 to October 2016 I had to change the disks, pads and sometimes the rotors on the rear or front brakes.

Jun 222015

Journey STX V6

Every year from March 2012 to October 2016 I had to change the disks, pads and occasionally the rotors on my rear or front brakes.

Dec 092013

Journey STX V6

Every year from March 2012 to October 2016 I had to replace disks, pads and occasionally rotors on the rear or front brakes.

Apr 182017

Journey STX V6

Every year from 2012 to 2016 I had to replace,rear or front brakes, the disks, the pads and at a few occasions the rotors.

Nov 062016

Journey SXT 3.5L V6

I HAVE HAD MY JOURNEY 1 YEAR AND HAVE HAD THE BRAKES AND ROTORS REPLACED 3 TIMES

- , Fort Wayne, US

Aug 032012

Journey 2.4L

in 2011 was the first time for the front brakes (journey 2010 after 20 000 km), since then (we are now in 2016) I have changed my brakes and rotors (front and back combined) 8 times. I owned a mazda mpv in the past and changed only front pads once in 6 years. I want all my money back for the engineers lack of brilliant mechanical efficiency. dodge should correct this problem and honor our bills. last dodge car for me

- , Montreal, QC, Canada

Jun 132014

Journey

Same complaint as on my 2009 dodge journey, brakes failed after less than 40, 000KMs. between the 2009 and 2010 cars, I have paid out close to $2000, 00 dollars

- , Pincourt, QC, Canada

Sep 012015

Journey SXT 3.5L

I bought this car brand-new in Oct., 2010. I drive it sparingly, as it still only has 21,500 miles on it as of June, 2016 (averaging less than 4,000 miles per year), and I had to completely replace my brake components (ceramic pads, rotors and calipers) at 19,500 miles. At great expense, I might add. This is a travesty that I couldn't believe until I saw the utterly destroyed rotors as my car was on the mechanic's rack! I have never "ridden" my brakes, nor have I ever had to brake hard (thank God), as I'm not sure I'd be here to report this horrible design flaw on this make and model vehicle. Dodge needs to step up and do a full recall and replace affected vehicles with brake components appropriate for the weight of the Journey.

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Dec 132014

Journey SXT V6

I've had to replace these rotors and brakes so many times !!!!

- , Aliquippa, PA, USA

Jun 122015

Journey SXT V6

I have fixed these brakes and rotors 4 times I do not feel safe driving this car! It feels every 10000 miles I'm changing brakes and rotors!

- , Aliquippa, PA, USA

Dec 012014

Journey SXT V8

I only had the Journey for two years, and in the first winter I found out how well f*king quick that the Journeys brakes don't perform so well on ice and snow. The brakes are too small for the vehicle and you have to pump the sht out of your brakes to get it to stop. That is dangerous as hell and can result in a collision, and even injury and death. They should have recalled the f**king Journeys back by now, but no, they want us to pay for new brake and rotors out of pocket. It's in all 2009 and 2010 Journeys, they have brake issues and the only way to fix the issue is buy third party slotted rotors with ceramic pads.

- , West Salem, WI, USA

Aug 112011

Journey SXT 3.2L

I have had the same problems as most owners of 2009 and 2010 Journey brake system. There is a KNOWN problem that Chrysler failed at their first attempt of a cross-over vehicle. They have admitted to putting insufficient braking systems on these vehicles, yet refuse to fix the problem - stating it's "normal wear and tear". Having to put THREE sets of brake pads AND ROTORS on a vehicle in 5 years (under 60,000 miles) is NOT NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.

- , King Of Prussia, PA, USA

Nov 112015

Journey SXT 3.2L V6

I took my car in to Dodge within the first year due to a latter I got from Dodge. When I took it in the dealer "grinded" the rotors and when I asked about the replacing it they said that Dodge told them that they only needed to grind them not replace them and that they were not recalled. I have had my car 5 years and have replaced the brakes twice I have less than 50,000 miles on the car...

- , Gardne City, MI, USA

Sep 152015

Journey

I have to change brakes and rotors every stinking year ever since I purchased it. My wife is a slow driver and non aggressive...junk

- , Norwich, NY, USA

Feb 202015

Journey

I bought my 2010 Dodge Journey new after an accident totaled out my previous vehicle. I am a single mom with one vehicle for our family of 4 and thought this would be a good safe vehicle for my family. Quite the opposite! I have spent so much money on this car for repairs, have had 2 recall issues (one of which left me and one of my daughters stranded on the side of the road at night), and have also had to replace the brakes, rotor, caliper, more times than I can remember. The last time was in Feb. and now my car has already recently started shaking again when I apply the brakes. I have only driven about 9,000 miles since replaced last. There has to be a design issue with this vehicle that is causing the brakes to go bad so quickly.

- , Evans, GA, USA

Apr 062015

Journey

Since I purchased this vehicle in 2010, I have had to change the brakes at least 4 or 5 times, that is unheard of! Its either the front or the back every 10,000 miles. I have had other vehicles and only have changed rear brakes maybe once in its lifetime.

- , Temecula, CA, USA

Apr 012011

Journey LX 2.4L

Never expected the brakes to be faulty. The rotors in front were warped. The left front. Paperwork says rotors resurfaced. That never happened. I was told I needed front end aligned. Got another opinion from out of state and was told the rotor was warped which was the cause of the shaking when brakes were applied. I will never purchase a Dodge ever.

- , Mobile, AL, USA

Jun 082015

Journey

I just had my rear brake pads replaced 3 months ago and the rear passenger side brake pad has worn down almost completely but only on the inside of the brake pad.

- , Brooklyn, OH, USA

Jan 132015

Journey R/T 3.5L

I have a 10 Dodge Journey, I am also a ASE certified Mechanic. My wife drives this thing easy. No matter what brand of rotors or pads I use the problem comes back.. The problem I see is, the brakes are not up to par, basically to small for this vehicle.. The rotors should have been at least 1 to 1.5 inches larger in Diameter.

Update from Jul 30, 2015: I Have fixed the problem with the pre-mature wearing brakes and warped rotors.. I upgraded my 2010 journey to 2014 disc brakes, calipers and rotors.. These new rotors are 13 in in dia.. It also went from a single piston caliper to a dual piston calipers.. easy to do..

- , Cottage Hills, IL, USA