CarComplaints.com Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 17 of 17)

Dec 112010

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the contact was advised that the battery had failed. The vehicle was repaired for four times for the battery since December 2010. The manufacturer was contacted and they replaced the battery upon each failure. The failure mileage was approximately 5,027.

- Summerville, CA, USA

Jul 112011

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated after stopping the vehicle and trying to restart it, the vehicle would not start. The contact stated she received a recall notice from the Dodge manufacturer on the wireless ignition module. The Dodge notification recall#L25 will not be effective until July 15, 2011. The wireless ignition module also failed preventing the vehicle from starting. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who stated the recall was not listed and the parts will not be available until July 15, 2011. If the vehicle was repaired before July 15, she would have to pay for the repairs and receive reimbursement from the manufacturer. The manufacturer was not contacted. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 37,800.

- Downing Town, PA, USA

Feb 072011

Journey 6-cyl

2010 Dodge Journey. I've had 4 incidents where my Journey has lost power/stalled. The first was in a parking garage while making a turn, the car lost power and I did not have the ability to steer and hit a pole. Didn't think much of it at first. The second incident was in April 21st, while going over railroad tracks, and again lost power. I was not able to steer and was able to glide to the side of the road and once stopped was able to restart. The 3rd incident was on April 27th, was on the highway for work, when the vehicle stalled going 65 miles per hour. I did not have break or power steering, and was surrounded by semi trucks. Once I was able to maneuver through traffic and get to the shoulder the vehicle started and was fine. The 4th incident was on May 25th, while entering a 2 lane highway the vehicle lost power again and to avoid getting hit while entering the highway, I had to hit the curb to stop. This had caused tire damage and bent the rim. When I took it to the dealer, they said that my vehicle is not part of the recall and they will not fix it. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle, especially since I am an outside sales representative and am on the highway and in my vehicle for a major part of the day. The service department tells me they cannot duplicate and if my VIN wasn't part of the recall then their isn't anything I can do. I feel that I am driving in a death trap and Dodge/Chrysler will not do anything.

- Temperance , MI, USA

Apr 022011

Journey

Started with a flashing check engine light after awhile will stay on & only flash intermittently. Dealer found code for #1 cylinder misfire & a tsb to update the software. 2 weeks later it returned, when the light flashes the steering wheel & front end shakes. No codes, no tsbs. It returned within 80 miles of last trip to dealer, they performed tsb 18-024-10 crank sensor shim, light returned along with the shaking within days. Dealer replaced flexplate. Again the light returned within days. Next they did some form of engine cleaning, light returned within 500 miles of last attempt to fix. Codes are always#1 cylinder misfire & random cylinder misfire. On May 16th the dealer looked at it, did a compression check of the cylinders, all good. Chrysler support told them to change the PCM. As of May 19th it was 7th nation wide on back order while I continue to drive the vehicle with the light on & intermittent shaking hoping it doesn't leave me stranded between now & when the part comes in as they don't have an exact date. Dealer claims no other reported Journeys having this problem.

- Northwood , ND, USA

Apr 152011

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated while driving 30 mph the vehicle suddenly shut off without warning. The contact was able to drive to the side of the road in order to restart the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and informed the contact about NHTSA recall 11V139000: Electrical system:ignition but the recall had not been released at the time. The dealer stated they were unable to find the problem that caused the vehicle to shut off. The contact stated the vehicle was unsafe to drive because the vehicle could shut off at any time. The failure mileage was 26,555.

- South Pasadena , FL, USA

Jun 172010

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the engine would stall without warning. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer but they were unable to duplicate the failure. The contact stated that the failure would recur at least twice a week. The contact also stated that when the vehicle stalled, the engine would restart independently. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 11V139000 (electrical system: Ignition) but was advised that the vehicle was not included in the recall. The failure and current mileage was 11,451.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Dec 232010

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while having the vehicle in the drive position, she noticed that the ignition would turn off and on. The vehicle was taken into a dealer who advised her that there was a faulty switch in the ignition, but they were unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance, but they are aware that the failure exist. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 400.

- Corona, CA, USA

Mar 022011

Journey 6-cyl

I purchased a 2010 Dodge Journey on 2/25 with 17K miles. Five days later I was driving with my 5 mth old daughter and it completely shut off! it did it again later that day. I had it towed to the Dodge dealership where they said they find nothing wrong. It has happened twice since I got it back from the dealer. I called Chrysler and they said they aren't releasing information on this until after April! I am afraid to drive this car - but am forced to since I have to get to and from work. I was able to put the car in park and restart - but it is very scary since I never know when it is going to shut off. What if it does it when pulling out onto a busy highway" does someone have to be injured before they take this problem seriously"

- Alexandria, PA, USA

Feb 042011

Journey 4-cyl

I bough a new 2010 Dodge Journey in June 2010 and I was driving on the highway and I was slowing down to exit on ramp. As I went to accelerate I noticed that the car wouldn't go and the car was off, however the lights were still on and the dashboard lights were on also. Had to put the car in park and restart, its happened to me twice. Both times I took it to Dodge and they can't find anything wrong with it. I am so afraid to drive the car. I didn't know that it shut off.. how can I get them to fix it, when they can't even figure out what's wrong with it. I just hope that no one has to get hurt before they admit to this car having a problem.

- Cranford, NJ, USA

Aug 072010

Journey

Vehicle powers off while it's being driven. The first time it happened, my wife was pulling out of the driveway. This has happened three different times since then. What I mean by power off is, you have to put the car in neutral or park to restart it. I can't duplicate this nor can chyrsler's repair personnel. It's scary because you don't know when this is going to happen. Chrysler updated the software in October 2010, but it has happened twice since then. It's at the dealership as I file this report for the same problem.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Dec 012010

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 15 mph the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle; however, the failure recurred seven times intermittently. The vehicle was taken the dealer but the technicians could not diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was contacted and stated that no assistance could be provided if the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximately failure mileage was 28,000.

- Paragould, AR, USA

Dec 032010

Journey

I'm a 57 year old female and just purchased 2010 Dodge Journey October 2010 with 21K miles. On fri. Dec. 3rd I was driving down a hill at low speed when the vehicle's electrical system went out and the vehicle stalled. I coasted to the side of the road and after a few minutes I was able to start the vehicle and drive home. The following Monday, Dec 6th, I brought it to the dealer for diagnosis and repair. They could find nothing wrong. One note, when I opened the door to get into the vehicle, I noticed that the lights in the vehicle did not turn on as usual. I'm now afraid to drive it as it may happen when I'm on a highway or at night.

- Utica, NY, USA

Nov 192010

Journey

I bought a 2010 Dodge Journey and have had many issue. First the alignment has always gone towards the right and has been in the shop twice and they said it was fine. I have always had problems with the nav and computer music system. The newest and worst issue is in less than 2 weeks has stopped while I was driving. I took it in the first time and the service said they rebooted the computer and it was fine. Few days later I was going 40 down the road and the car shut off again. Both times the car is in drive and the key is in. It is now back in the shop and I am afraid the airbags are not going to work. I am afraid that I will be hit and injured. I have 4 year old twin boys. Dodge/Chrysler is not helpful at all. I am afraid to drive the car. It is back in the shop and for a car less than a year old, I feel it should work. I don't know what to do.

- Celina, TX, USA

Sep 262010

Journey

2010 Dodge Journey, shut down twice while driving. Once in the neighborhood going 20mph, once on a highway going 60. Wife had to pull off onto grass while cars almost run her over. Car restarts fine. Nothing replaced yet as we thought the first time was just a hiccup, taking to dealer tomorrow.

- Bluffton, SC, USA