Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 17 of 17)

Dec 012010

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 15 mph the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle; however, the failure recurred seven times intermittently. The vehicle was taken the dealer but the technicians could not diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was contacted and stated that no assistance could be provided if the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximately failure mileage was 28,000.

- Paragould, AR, USA

Dec 032010

I'm a 57 year old female and just purchased 2010 Dodge Journey October 2010 with 21K miles. On fri. Dec. 3rd I was driving down a hill at low speed when the vehicle's electrical system went out and the vehicle stalled. I coasted to the side of the road and after a few minutes I was able to start the vehicle and drive home. The following Monday, Dec 6th, I brought it to the dealer for diagnosis and repair. They could find nothing wrong. One note, when I opened the door to get into the vehicle, I noticed that the lights in the vehicle did not turn on as usual. I'm now afraid to drive it as it may happen when I'm on a highway or at night.

- Utica, NY, USA

Nov 192010

I bought a 2010 Dodge Journey and have had many issue. First the alignment has always gone towards the right and has been in the shop twice and they said it was fine. I have always had problems with the nav and computer music system. The newest and worst issue is in less than 2 weeks has stopped while I was driving. I took it in the first time and the service said they rebooted the computer and it was fine. Few days later I was going 40 down the road and the car shut off again. Both times the car is in drive and the key is in. It is now back in the shop and I am afraid the airbags are not going to work. I am afraid that I will be hit and injured. I have 4 year old twin boys. Dodge/Chrysler is not helpful at all. I am afraid to drive the car. It is back in the shop and for a car less than a year old, I feel it should work. I don't know what to do.

- Celina, TX, USA

Sep 262010

2010 Dodge Journey, shut down twice while driving. Once in the neighborhood going 20mph, once on a highway going 60. Wife had to pull off onto grass while cars almost run her over. Car restarts fine. Nothing replaced yet as we thought the first time was just a hiccup, taking to dealer tomorrow.

- Bluffton, SC, USA