CarComplaints.com Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 3 of 17)

Apr 142015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

May 212016

Journey

Bought 2010 Dodge Journey (used) from tom wood Ford dealership. I have made 3 payments. The vehicle would not start leaving me stranded in a parking lot. I tried to jump it without success. When I turned the key to jump it, white smoke came from the engine compartment and there was a strong odor of melting plastic. I grabbed my kid and belongings and fled the vehicle. I had it towed to shop. They replaced the battery and sent me on my way. The next day it started rough. I drove it approximately 2 miles to a gas station. It would not restart. Had it towed back to shop for further evaluation. All lights, radio, power windows, etc. Are functioning, starter makes clicking sound, alternator checked out ok, new battery installed, but it will not start. Mileage is 81,759.

- Greenfield, IN, USA

May 242016

Journey

Windows and locks open and close after car has been turned off and locked.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

May 232016

Journey

The horn beeps randomly. It seems to happen more right before a thunderstorm hits or when a storm is in the area. Also the car sometimes won't start. The starting problem has been an on going problem since the first year of owner ship. I'm the original owner and have had the car in for all of the recalls including the fob replacement. I feel this car is a lemon and wish I had never purchased it. My Plymouth Voyager was a very dependable car and I was expecting the same from the Journey but that has not been the case with this car.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Mar 122016

Journey

The painic alarm goes off on its own day or night only way to stop it unhook the batter what do I

- Lecanto, FL, USA

Apr 172016

Journey

Takata recall when slowing down to a stop light the car locked the steering and breaks. The traction control light came on. I was unable to come to a complete stop and ended up going halfway through the light. I turned the car off then back on. It was fine. About a month later the same thing happened as we were driving on the highway. We had no control over the steering or breaks. I contacted the dealer and they said there was no open recall so they would not fix it for free. I just bought the car two months ago.

- Lancaster, OH, USA

Apr 162016

Journey

"takata recall" el auto tiene problemas para prender Y cuando va corriendo empieza a fallar hasta que apaga Y luego tarde en prender.Y cuando lo pones en drive para arrancar falla Y SE apaga

- Harrisonburg, VA, USA

Apr 092016

Journey

"takata recall" on 4/06/2016, my keypad would not lock my doors. On 04/09/2016, it began to work again. After starting my engine and driving my car for 1 minute, my car stalled on me. I proceeded to start my vehicle again, only for it to shut down for the second time. After my vehicle immediately shut down, everything went completely out. I could not let my windowa down, doors would not lock nor unlock radio will not play. Windshield wipers would not work. When I attempted to jump start my vehicle with a boost, smoke begin to appear from under the hood near the battery posts. I contacted a Dodge dealership in my area and are currently waiting on the diagnostic results. I will be visiting the NHTSA site today to provide you with an update.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Feb 012016

Journey

"takata recall" the engine will not start at various times. After about 10 to 20 minutes it will start. The car horn will beep while the car is turned off and there is no key in the ignition. This all happens randomly. The car was stationary.

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Jul 082015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Henry, TN, USA

Mar 222016

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the turn signals blinked in the middle of the night while the vehicle was in park. There were no warning indicators. The contact also stated that the vehicle lost power and was towed to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The technician diagnosed that the win module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact notified a local dealer who stated that the VIN was not included in a recall and referred the contact to NHTSA. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Trento, NJ, USA

Mar 242016

Journey

I was driving on a main highway and the car shut off at 65 mph mid drive. I had to try and steer the car off the road, almost created 3 accidents. Found that the key fob moved from power to off.

- Allentown, PA, USA

Mar 222016

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 70 mph, the key moved independently and caused the engine to turn off. The failure recurred three times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the ignition switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Dec 152015

Journey

Driver side front window/locks/mirror controls don't work. Rear window controls do work on driver side. Locks and passenger window controls work on passenger side. All is exactly as in safety recall K07-front door wiring harness (stopped with model year 2009) so why is my exact problem (2010) shared by so many other 2010S on the internet, too" I am frustrated. Mechanic cannot find problem. Considering buying a new master switch for driver door-others say replacing it didn't work! it's a known problem-symptoms exact and to the "T"...recall window cutoff too soon!!! was notified of ignition/key fobick recall, thankfully! car occasionally almost dies, chugs, and keeps running. Car starts and runs great-intermittent almost dying thing always out of the blue! not notified about high pressure power steering hose leaking problem-just paid to have that replaced. Power steering makes terrible noise when turned to right. Suspension rattles like a box of bones! what next" I'm getting the sense that this vehicle isn't safe to drive (esp. W/my son in the car)! diagnostics and repair bills and quotes really starting to stack up-the more I look into this 2010 Dodge Journey regarding my problems, seeing so many others with same exact problems-really surprised that the recall list isn't more than it is! how many people have to live through the same poor quality issues before the manufacturer takes care of these sometimes seemingly pandemic problems"?" started before 116,000 miles - now 120,115 miles.

- Wauwatosa, WI, USA

Jul 012015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving at an unknown speed, the headlights failed without warning. The contact replaced the bulbs, but the failure recurred shortly afterwards. After inspecting the vehicle, the contact noticed that the wires for the tag lights were melted. In addition, the contact mentioned that the side mirrors, doors, and all the lights were turning on and off independently and burning fumes was emitted into the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- Parksley, VA, USA

Sep 152015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving various speeds, the blower, radio, and blinkers failed to work. The vehicle was taken to an independent repair shop where the alternator and battery were replaced, but the failure recurred. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags and electrical system) and was to contact the manufacturer to receive the recall repair from an authorized dealer. The failure mileage was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jul 132015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Wellington, FM, USA

Mar 062016

Journey

After doing my son's rotors and brakes I started to back the car out of the driveway and it stalled numerous times. The car had been running for 10+ minutes before this so it wasn't from a cold start plus it was around 40+ degrees out today. I said something to my son and he says it happens all the time(lives with his mom so never said anything to me before) I just looked into this online and it seems it's a known issue with problem being tipm. Chrysler hasn't recalled my son's vehicle yet though even as there's a class action lawsuit to add this year and make to the recall. Does someone have to get killed before this known issue gets the attention and recall it needs"???"

- Haverhill, MA, USA

Aug 052015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle stalled and the steering wheel became difficult to turn. The contact stated that all the warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was able to be restarted. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jul 062015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Nazareth, PA, USA