CarComplaints.com Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Dec 012016

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving at 60 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that the brake pedal hit the floorboard when it was depressed. In addition, the headlights intermittently intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 32,000.

- Wallisville, TX, USA

Nov 202015

Journey

My 2010 Dodge Journey's engine stalls and I have no power steering or brakes while I am driving. This problem happened first in Nov. 2015 with around 68000 miles on vehicle and thought it was a fluke or caused by bad weather. It started to happen several times again March/April 2016. Dealership could not find the problem. Took it back in to dealership in June 2016, still could not find issue. Continued to happen and took it in in September for that and other issues (horn going off randomly and battery draining overnight). Now Dec 2016 and the car stalled while driving 3 times this week and the last time someone almost rear ended me because of it. My life and my children's life are at stake. It has only happened when I am going under 45mph at this point and on some occasions it is while I am slowing down to turn in a parking space but sometimes it is in the middle of the road driving. It has happened in the morning/afternoon/evening, rain, snow and sunshine, hot and cold days. It does not happen everyday which makes this issue even worse I never know when it will occur. The only issue that remains the same is that my traction system light comes on 90% of the time this occurs. I have told this to the dealership every time and they still cannot resolve the issue. I am extremely upset and have several complaints filed with Chrysler/Dodge headquarters.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

Dec 142016

Journey

Car engine stalls when braking, slowing down and also stopping at stop signs. Randomly occurs often

- Peoria, IL, USA

Dec 112016

Journey

After car sits over night car is started and drove less then 5 minutes and car will shut off with out cause. Loss of power steering and brakes. Car has to placed in neutral and restarted. Will crank over about 6 times a small then restart. This car is unsafe to drive. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you are going it will shut off.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Nov 232016

Journey

No heat from passenger side vents on any setting, whether driving or stationary. As a result, defrost performance does not meet FMVSS 103. Flushed heater core and a lot of debris came out and heat worked on both sides. Numerous similar cases have been reported online. Attached image is of sediment that came out during flush.

- Roseville, MI, USA

Oct 012016

Journey

Vehicle has intermittent problem where, when starting, only a "click" sound is heard, and engine does not start. Told originally, that the battery was bad. It was replaced. Problem recurred. Then told the alternator and starter were bad, so they were replaced. The problem recurred. Service department told us that software on the "computer" needed to be updated, so that was done. The problem continues to recur. When vehicle won't start, jumping it won't help. We have to just try over and over again. Sometimes it starts after a few tries, sometimes we have to wait 20-30 minutes before engine finally starts. One instance, the vehicle didn't start for an hour. The last communication with the dealer, after having this problem for a number of years, was that they can't fix it because they have no idea what is wrong. This was after spending hundreds of dollars on what turned out to be unnecessary repairs

- Miami Lakes, FL, USA

Apr 102015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While attempting to start the vehicle, it failed to start without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the starter and battery were changed; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Attleboro, MA, USA

Aug 132016

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the engine failed to start. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 59,000. Updated 10/05/16

- South Lainfield, NJ, USA

Apr 152016

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle required multiple attempts to start. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was unknown. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Sturgis, MI, USA

Jul 112016

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. When the vehicle was started, it made a clicking noise but failed to start right away. There was no warning indicator illuminated. The contact stated that it took multiple attempts to start the vehicle most of the time. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed and replaced the starter. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that there was no recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 82,000.... updated 08/23/16

- Glenolden, PA, USA

Jul 162015

Journey

Breaks have to be replaced at least every 2 months. My car continues to overheat and we have the thermostat 5 different times. We have to keep turning the key off and on til the car decides to start. I have contacted the people about this and they keep telling me that there is no recall for my VIN number. It needs to be added because it is obviously an issue with more than just my car. I will contact an attorney because now that it is out of warranty they tell me I will have to pay to have the issues resolved the start issue is of course stationary the break problem is while driving and so is the over heating issue was driving down the road heard a scraping noise and the front bumper was talking off and the bumper bar was loose. These are apparently very dangerous cars and all should be recalled

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Apr 012016

Journey

The horn/alarm will sound randomly and for no apparent reason, often going down the road or in the middle of the night. The keyfob will lodge in and the entire electrical system is "dead". replaced battery thinking it was battery issue. Entire electrical system is "dead" every few days. There is a strange drag/click sound when turning wheel. Many other electrical issues that are bizarre and completely random. At times you have to start, kill, restart engine and finally will go in gear. I keep checking for recalls as this appears, through multiple posts I have read, to be an issue with this year model. I can't afford to keep taking to dealerships for issues that clearly are related to the manufacturing of the vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 072016

Journey

When I turned off the engine and removed the key and stepped outside the vehicle I noticed the engine was still running. Engine continued to run for 45 minutes to an hour. When I reentered vehicle to try the key again it would not shut off and was unable to shift the gear lever. The vehicle was at a clients location so I drove it home and parked it in the driveway where it continued to run for about an hour when I removed the key. I had the vehicle towed to premier of cape cod the only Dodge dealer on cape cod. I was told it was an electronic computer module. To replace the module with 2 new keys the cost would be $1,038 installed. I submitted a safety claim with the Chrysler/Dodge regional office and was denied. I was offered a year of free oil changes and no reimbursement as vehicle warranty was over. The vehicle was a 2010 with 74,470 miles. My concern is that this could very well been a safety issue as vehicle kept running and could not be secured. It seems to me that this should have been issued a recall as upon investigating further this model and year had a history of this issue. A $1,038 repair for a computer module is not your average issue/repair.

- East Harwich, MA, USA

Jun 062016

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving 25 mph, the engine stalled and the vehicle crashed into a median. The contact stated that smoke was present under the hood near the engine compartment. There were no warning lights illuminated. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where the cause of the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 97,000.

- Butte, MT, USA

Jun 092016

Journey

1st complaint : when starting the car, wipers go on and wont shut off, and signals stop working, 2nd complaint: Driving home from work car, starts to shutter when aproaching stop sign then car completely shut off on its own, took me 20 minutes to get it started again

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jun 012016

Journey

I filled one of thess yesterday I never mist a payment call the bank to let know what was going on with it the next day they took the car so I called them they said if they donot here from someone in 10 days going to sell it its grow financial at 1-800-839 -6328 thay treding as a repo iam not late on payments

- Lecanto, FL, USA

May 312016

Journey

Driving down the road car stop running horn start blowing at any time sometimes cannot get in the car locks wont work gas padel sick wide open when driving I called the bank to let them know on the 31st of may today they tock the car never mist a payment what do I

- Lecanto, FL, USA

Apr 162016

Journey

"takata recall" el auto tiene problemas para prender Y cuando va corriendo empieza a fallar hasta que apaga Y luego tarde en prender.Y cuando lo pones en drive para arrancar falla Y SE apaga

- Harrisonburg, VA, USA

Feb 012016

Journey

"takata recall" the engine will not start at various times. After about 10 to 20 minutes it will start. The car horn will beep while the car is turned off and there is no key in the ignition. This all happens randomly. The car was stationary.

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Dec 152015

Journey

Driver side front window/locks/mirror controls don't work. Rear window controls do work on driver side. Locks and passenger window controls work on passenger side. All is exactly as in safety recall K07-front door wiring harness (stopped with model year 2009) so why is my exact problem (2010) shared by so many other 2010S on the internet, too" I am frustrated. Mechanic cannot find problem. Considering buying a new master switch for driver door-others say replacing it didn't work! it's a known problem-symptoms exact and to the "T"...recall window cutoff too soon!!! was notified of ignition/key fobick recall, thankfully! car occasionally almost dies, chugs, and keeps running. Car starts and runs great-intermittent almost dying thing always out of the blue! not notified about high pressure power steering hose leaking problem-just paid to have that replaced. Power steering makes terrible noise when turned to right. Suspension rattles like a box of bones! what next" I'm getting the sense that this vehicle isn't safe to drive (esp. W/my son in the car)! diagnostics and repair bills and quotes really starting to stack up-the more I look into this 2010 Dodge Journey regarding my problems, seeing so many others with same exact problems-really surprised that the recall list isn't more than it is! how many people have to live through the same poor quality issues before the manufacturer takes care of these sometimes seemingly pandemic problems"?" started before 116,000 miles - now 120,115 miles.

- Wauwatosa, WI, USA