CarComplaints.com Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 032015

Journey

I went to check the air pressure on the tires because the low pressure warning light illuminated on the dash. The tire did not appear to be low. I took the cap off the tire to check it and the sensor stem came off in my hand and as a result the air escape from the tire. I had to have the vehicle towed and repaired. I am concerned that this could happen when the vehicle is moving causing a crash. The caps are plastic and not metal. I have seen from the internet and heard from dealers this is a common problem and has to do with corrosion.

- Onalaska, WI, USA

Dec 132014

Journey

When driving with my mother as passenger from phoenix to tucson to visit relatives, the horn sounded intermittently. I had a minor accident a few days later, and when I took the car in the dealer to repair, I asked them to check the horn. They reported nothing amiss. The horn continued to internittently sound off whether I was driving on a side street alone or in traffic, both on surface streets and the freeways. When I received the notice for the fobik recall in may, I made the appointment and took the car in, and reminded them the horn goes off; the same dealer told me they could not replicate the horn issue again. They also failed to complete the recall fix. I made another appointment two weeks ago in July as the horn kept sounding off on its own and it is getting worse. I also had all the required maintenance completed at a cost of over $1500, and while in the service bay the car horn sounded off. The service crew attempted to fix the horn over three days but failed. As I drove the car away from the dealership, the horn sounded off again. They also did not complete the recall fix again, even after ordering the parts necessary. They believe the horn issue is related to the electrical issue in the key fobik recall, and are hoping the recall fix will also address the horn issue. Meanwhile, the horn has continued to escalate and last evening while driving home in rush hour traffic, the horn sounded off for longer periods, on several occasions for as long as nearly a mile on the surface streets. As this is a severe safety issue as well as a citable offense, I have made yet another appointment to have the horn issue fixed. The dealer has not relayed exactly what steps they have taken to correct this, other than replacing the *spring in the steering column. I have read online a possible horn fix is to replace the airbag - which has not been identified in a recall yet.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 312015

Journey

Made a left hand turn and suddenly the air conditioner, radio, lights, windows stopped working. Drove to a lot and pulled over and everything came back on. Then move the steering wheel and everything shut off again. Turned the car off and everything came back and has worked fine so far. However, the car wouldn't start earlier when turned on. Had to start the car 3 times before it came on.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 292015

Journey

Brakes have been a major issue on this vehicle. We have had to replace brakes, rotors and calipers multiple times since the vehicle was purchased not to mention the tires also. The first time they were replaced, the car had less than 36,000 miles. Since that time they have been replaced multiple times, with the last time being in the last 30 days. It is like there is some type of design flaw in the braking system, that causes the brakes and tires to both wear out quickly. Last night the braking system caught fire on this vehicle, lucky I had just pulled in my parking spot when they started burning and didn't have my children with me. Fire department was notified and the fire was put out by them. I have noticed that I am not the only person with the Journey that has had brake and tire issues. Now I am stuck without any means of transportation thanks to the brakes catching fire (warping rims and melted tires from it). Thankfully no one was injured.

- Beckley, WV, USA

May 232015

Journey

I received a safety recall related to my wireless ignition node (win). I contacted my local Dodge dealership on approx 5-23-2015 to schedule the repairs and was told this would be 1.5 months for repair. I have not be notified as of today (almost 2 months) to inform the parts are available. I drive 100 miles / day and am afraid this issue could expose itself and lead to an incident. I would like to think this time is a little excessive putting me and other drivers at risk for a known issue. The dealership info: Medina auto mall 3205 medina rd, medina, oh 44256 (330) 723-3291

- Medina, OH, USA

Jun 282015

Journey

When I tried to crank the car it would not start. It would click once but not crank. Finally after several times of trying it cranked. Has a recall on the wireless ignition node module and hoping this will fix the problem but won't know for sure until it is replaced.

- Coward, SC, USA

Aug 032012

Journey

Car would not start. Everything worked (radio, windows etc) did not even make a sound like it wanted to start. I called performance Dodge where purchased, they told me to have it towed to them. I tried for over one hour to start car. It finally started. Took it to nearest repair shop, tested and found no codes. Took it to performance Dodge, found no codes.

- Valparaiso, NE, USA

Feb 012015

Journey

About 3 months ago my horn started just randomly honking. It didn't matter if it was parked or running. Seems to happen more while parked and in the middle of the night. Now the locks don't want to unlock when I press button on remote or car just unlocks itself. I can go outside holding keys in hand without pressing anything car will unlock or lock. Several incidents so far of windows just randomly rolling down. The honking thing scares me the most especially while in traffic jams when people have road rage! I've gotten plenty of middle fingers because of this possessed car. I've also had the car just shut off at a stop light. It did how ever start immediately. Thanks Dodge for taking my money, disregarding my families safety and giving me a pos!

- Bastrop, TX, USA

Aug 072010

Journey

Vehicle powers off while it's being driven. The first time it happened, my wife was pulling out of the driveway. This has happened three different times since then. What I mean by power off is, you have to put the car in neutral or park to restart it. I can't duplicate this nor can chyrsler's repair personnel. It's scary because you don't know when this is going to happen. Chrysler updated the software in October 2010, but it has happened twice since then. It's at the dealership as I file this report for the same problem.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Nov 192010

Journey

I bought a 2010 Dodge Journey and have had many issue. First the alignment has always gone towards the right and has been in the shop twice and they said it was fine. I have always had problems with the nav and computer music system. The newest and worst issue is in less than 2 weeks has stopped while I was driving. I took it in the first time and the service said they rebooted the computer and it was fine. Few days later I was going 40 down the road and the car shut off again. Both times the car is in drive and the key is in. It is now back in the shop and I am afraid the airbags are not going to work. I am afraid that I will be hit and injured. I have 4 year old twin boys. Dodge/Chrysler is not helpful at all. I am afraid to drive the car. It is back in the shop and for a car less than a year old, I feel it should work. I don't know what to do.

- Celina, TX, USA