Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 232016

In June 2016 I took my car to bettehausen Dodge in tinley park, il. They did some repairs and since then the horn goes off by itself. The car can be parked with the motor off or you could be driving in traffic and the horn will blow. I took the car back to bettenhausen in August 2016 they did another computer update and the horn is still going off by itself. The horn was find until I took it to bettenhausen in June. Once they finished working on it they horn blows sporadically. Again in August 2016 I had my car towed to bettenhausen because the car broke down. Upon bettenhausen reviewing my car they stated it was the heater hose, a gasket and the anti freeze bottle had a hole in it. It cost me $582 for that repair. The service department also informed me that I needed front and rear motor mounts broken, front and rear struts blown out, front and rear brake pads and rotors warped and worn, right rear wheeling bearing excessive noise. These are major repairs and will cost major money. Why didn't bettenhausen inspect my car thoroughly in June when it was towed in" I think these things were wrong with the car in June but it was inspected by the service department. So I drove around for months with all this wrong with my vehicle. What if I couldn't stop, or a wheel fell off while I was driving the expressway" it was under warranty in June and now it is not and these are major safety hazzards.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 012016

Horn keeps going off for no apparent reason including while driving dealer unable to fix which cause a safety concerns for others around me why this is not considered a safety concern and a recall is needed beyond comprehension. Aggravation behind the wheel is not good.

- Silverhill, AL, USA

Aug 062016

Horn beeps at random times, while parked in driveway, while driving, etc. This causes a severe issue when your horn beeps at others for no reason when driving down road. This seems to be a known issue with this model, however it appears Chrysler doesn't fully understand the cause or fix.

- Holt, MI, USA

Oct 012015

Power supply to tipm becoming hot and melting tipm housing surrounding connection. Random horn honking, remote start doesn't work, clicking from tipm, draw from tipm draining battery when vehicle not running(overnight). No replacement parts available.

- Marietta, SC, USA

Jul 242016

Horn/alarm goes off while I'm driving or while car is parked in drive way

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Apr 012016

The horn/alarm will sound randomly and for no apparent reason, often going down the road or in the middle of the night. The keyfob will lodge in and the entire electrical system is "dead". replaced battery thinking it was battery issue. Entire electrical system is "dead" every few days. There is a strange drag/click sound when turning wheel. Many other electrical issues that are bizarre and completely random. At times you have to start, kill, restart engine and finally will go in gear. I keep checking for recalls as this appears, through multiple posts I have read, to be an issue with this year model. I can't afford to keep taking to dealerships for issues that clearly are related to the manufacturing of the vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 042016

Active headrest front passenger side deployed for no apparent reason. Vehicle was stationary, parked in driveway. No contact with other vehicle or object.

- Salem, IL, USA

Jun 192016

My car was cutting off even after I had it repaired due to a recall on the ignition. On several occasions the car would just stopped in the middle of driving it. Now I I told Dodge that I was afraid my car was going to kill me. I often rented cars because it was too unsafe to drive and I rarely drove the car even though I was still paying a whopping loan on it. They poo pooed what I told them and ignored my claims. Now, I'm not a car expert but this is not normally. I recently had it serviced and had a transmission replaced, obviously this was not the problem because the car malfunctioned when my kids were in the car and landed in a ravine. I found out that this vehicle is under recall again for the third time concerning the ignition.

- Inkster, MI, USA

Jun 152016

2010 Dodge Journey horn goes off randomly as I am driving down road or when it is sitting without key in the ignition. Car alarm went off randomly one time. There are 106,000 miles on it now but it only had around 60,000 when this started. Replaced the car battery because that was on a blog but that did not help.

- Cuba, MO, USA

Jun 012016

I filled one of thess yesterday I never mist a payment call the bank to let know what was going on with it the next day they took the car so I called them they said if they donot here from someone in 10 days going to sell it its grow financial at 1-800-839 -6328 thay treding as a repo iam not late on payments

- Lecanto, FL, USA

May 312016

Driving down the road car stop running horn start blowing at any time sometimes cannot get in the car locks wont work gas padel sick wide open when driving I called the bank to let them know on the 31st of may today they tock the car never mist a payment what do I

- Lecanto, FL, USA

Feb 012016

My lights are very dim on the inside of the car and my fob just stop working I have went to the dealership to replace the batteries however it still does not work. My driver side passenger door is no longer hooked up to the fob or the door unlock/lock button) you do it manually

- Redford, MI, USA

Feb 162016

We purchased our Journey in 2010, as original owners. At about 10K miles we experienced slight shaking while applying breaks on the highway. We took our vehicle to Dodge service and they had to replace the rotors. We drive our car very conservatively and now in 2016 we have 36K miles. Our car started experiencing the same symptoms. We took the car to Dodge service, which confirmed extreme rotor wear and even commented that it was premature wear. I contacted Dodge and they refused to replace any parts. In addition, we recently (2016) are experiencing random horn honking. This is indeed a safety issue as proper horn function is a requirement for vehicle registration.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 012015

I have been waiting since last June to get the ignition recall completed on my vehicle. The dealers keep saying I'm on the list and they are waiting on parts. I have contacted Dodge with no success. This is a safety hazard, if I hit a bump my key will go into the aux position and I lose all use of blinkers, windows etc....

- Arnold, MO, USA

Oct 222015

Car is shutting off while I am driving with no warning

- Willingboro, NJ, USA

Jun 172015

I have been experiencing frquent shut offs and not cranking. After numerous visit to dealer nonone could find the cause. In June 2015 I received a recall letter. The Dodge dealer put me on a waiting list and as of tofay they still have trouble getting the part. The problem is getting more frequent and I am at my wits end. Please help

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 042014

I purchased my 2010 Journey used. 2 weeks into having my car one night the horn started blowing nonstop. The horn blow for 5 hours straight. Took it back to the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. A few days the car wouldn't start. I went back to the dealership and they changed the battery and it was fine for about two weeks. And the horn started again and the car wouldn't start again and this time the key was stuck inside of the ignition. The key will stay stuck in the ignition for 30 mins before it comes out. The dealership handed me a piece of paper saying that there was a bulletin out from Chrysler about the electrical system but no recall on my car. I have been stuck out so many times with this car I am scared to drive it. I had to take the horn fuse out because the noise gets to my neighbors and no one can figure out how to stop it. I am very disappointed I have a car that I can"T depend on and one no to help me figure it out.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 252015

Car honk randomly if I drive or park. Dealership heared never about that issue, I almost started to laugh out loud, it's well known in the web.

- Aurora, IN, USA

Jun 032013

When key was placed in the ignition the car would not start. After a few hours, the car would start. This happens randomly over and over. Brought the car into the dealer and had the ignition replaced at my own cost. In July 2015, I received a recall notice and had the ignition replaced again. The issue is still continuing with no resolve.

- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA

Sep 032015

I went to check the air pressure on the tires because the low pressure warning light illuminated on the dash. The tire did not appear to be low. I took the cap off the tire to check it and the sensor stem came off in my hand and as a result the air escape from the tire. I had to have the vehicle towed and repaired. I am concerned that this could happen when the vehicle is moving causing a crash. The caps are plastic and not metal. I have seen from the internet and heard from dealers this is a common problem and has to do with corrosion.

- Onalaska, WI, USA