CarComplaints.com Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jun 202015

Journey 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle stalled and the steering ability seized. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The contact had to maneuver to the side of the road from the center lane to a complete stop. The vehicle was restarted and driven to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The approximate failure mileage was 117,000. Updated 8/21/15

- Ft Wayne, IN, USA

May 262015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the parts to repair the recall were unavailable at several dealers. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Jan 222015

Journey

I was driving at the speed limit on interstate 5, (California) when a vehicle in front of me swerved partially into my lane. In order to avoid hitting said vehicle, I swerved to the right slightly, at that time I believe engine died, as I had no control over said vehicle I could not steer or maneuver my vehicle at all. Thus it was continuing on the path of the swerve and hit the wall on the passenger side of the highway. I at no time had any control over the vehicle, the car started spinning from the impact of the wall and sent me across 3 lanes of traffic and I was hit by 2 cars. The only airbag that deployed was the front passenger side airbag. (there was no passenger in that position.) I was in the driver seat, and my son (was 9 years of age at the time of the incident) was sitting directly behind me. When the car stopped, I was unable to remove the key from the ignition, it was locked in place. Originally, I believed that there were no major injuries, only bumps, bruises and the like. However in the months since the incident, it has come to light that I have torn muscles in 1, maybe both elbows. I am currently under a doctors care, and will be requiring surgery to reconstruct the muscles and tendons.

- Stockton, CA, USA

May 162015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jun 032015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 092015

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start until after numerous attempts. A certified mechanic was unable to generate a trouble code. The vehicle was not repaired. There was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 93,478. The VIN was unavailable.

- Gallipolis, OH, USA

Oct 202014

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving at 35 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. In addition, the contact stated that the horn independently activated. The vehicle failed to start and the doors locked independently. As a result, the contact was unable to exit the vehicle. The contact had to use the emergency key to exit the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 114,000.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Mar 102015

Journey 6-cyl

While driving into work this morning my horn began to go off on its on and randomly. Nothing I did would stop the horn from going off. I called both my dealer and Chrysler directly neither said they have heard of any issues regarding this. Some of the warning lights on my dash also came up and then went off. This seems to be a safety issue and I am concerned.

- Batavia, OH, USA

Aug 222014

Journey

The contact owned a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 5 mph, another vehicle crashed into the front end of the contact's vehicle causing it to catch fire. The air bags failed to deploy. The fire department extinguished the fire. The contact sustained back injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Cordova, SC, USA

Jul 312014

Journey 6-cyl

I was sitting at the approach to our driveway with my foot on the brake, waiting to ensure my grandchildren had safely cleared the driveway area. Without warning, there was a sound like the car engine revving up, the car starting moving/lunging forward on its own and all attempts to apply the brakes to stop the car failed. I quickly steered toward a tree in my front yard where I chose to crash my car in order to stop its continued acceleration. The cause of the acceleration is unknown. If I had not chosen to hit the tree, the car was headed for my front porch/house where my grandchildren had gone to clear the driveway area. A contractor working on my neighbor¿'s property came to assist me and turned off the car engine. There was a strong burning odor/chemical smell permeating my car after the crash. In spite of the impact, my air bag did not deploy. We called 911, the insurance company and he car was towed to a collision shop. Registered a formal complaint to Chrysler corporation the night of the crash.

- Naperville, IL, USA

May 292014

Journey

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving various speeds, the front end of the contact's vehicle was struck by another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries and was hospitalized. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic, but diagnostic testing was not performed. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 84,000.

- Sulphur, LA, USA

Aug 012013

Journey 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, another vehicle crashed into the front passenger's side of his vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The police reported to the scene and a report was filed. The front passenger sustained injuries to the back. The vehicle was towed to auto body shop for repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 4,800. Updated 12/20/13

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Nov 192010

Journey

I bought a 2010 Dodge Journey and have had many issue. First the alignment has always gone towards the right and has been in the shop twice and they said it was fine. I have always had problems with the nav and computer music system. The newest and worst issue is in less than 2 weeks has stopped while I was driving. I took it in the first time and the service said they rebooted the computer and it was fine. Few days later I was going 40 down the road and the car shut off again. Both times the car is in drive and the key is in. It is now back in the shop and I am afraid the airbags are not going to work. I am afraid that I will be hit and injured. I have 4 year old twin boys. Dodge/Chrysler is not helpful at all. I am afraid to drive the car. It is back in the shop and for a car less than a year old, I feel it should work. I don't know what to do.

- Celina, TX, USA