Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Dodge Journey got a major overhaul in 2011. Let's hope it's better than the first generation (2009-2010) -- it couldn't be much worse.

2011 Dodge Journey brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Journey:

2011 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Sep 092011

Traveling northbound on 91st ave. Light changed to yellow. I applied brakes and a horrible grinding sound occured. The steering wheel shook and I was alarmed. I called the dealership requesting inspection. Was told it was normal ABS action. I disagreed. They insisted all is fine. Second occurence, had to brake to avoid collision and applied brake, again violent shaking to steering wheel. Upon regular maintenance with dealer they again said it was normal. I have never felt more unsafe. This still occurs today 3/2015. Has become progressivly worse over time. Unknown what components are involved... selected possible parts requiring further investigation. Dealer insists there are no recalls in place for any part of this model year. I have asked them to check NHTSA website. They will not.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Oct 192014

I was driving on the road during midnight, my battery sensor turned on 5 minutes later, I had multiple sensors turn on simultaneously. The ABS sensor, airbag, anti -traction as soon as I realized what was going on. I was merging to the emergency lane. I tried to push on the gas pedal and was not even able to accelerate due to the lack of power. I was worried but I was able to make it safely to the emergency lane. I tried to start the vehicle but couldn't the car wouldn't crank. So I had to tow the car to my mechanics and my mechanic told me it was due to the alternator. Lack of power = system will not allow you to run the vehicle. I would like something done about this ifit was not for the emergency lane me and my family could have been killed on the highway.

- Burbank, CA, USA