CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Journey got a major overhaul in 2011. Let's hope it's better than the first generation (2009-2010) -- it couldn't be much worse.

2011 Dodge Journey drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Journey:

2011 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Jun 202016

Takata recall.

- Wolfforth, TX, USA

Jan 222016

Journey

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Journey. While driving 65 mph, the check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the check engine light illuminated due to a low battery. The vehicle was not repaired and the failure recurred. In addition, while driving 25 mph, there where a squeaking noise coming from the brakes. When the vehicle was in reverse, it made a knocking/kicking noise and failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer a second time where it was diagnosed that the transmission and a faulty cylinder head failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Muskogee, OK, USA

Feb 132016

Journey

Need to replace the transmission cooler lines because of leakage and not being able to drive.

- Sinking Spring, PA, USA

Jan 012015

Journey

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Journey. While driving at an unknown speed, the check engine light illuminated. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer four times; however, the failure persisted. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Davie, FL, USA

Jul 072014

Journey

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 20 mph, there was an abnormal sound coming from the rear of the vehicle. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the drivetrain and suspension needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Oct 192014

Journey

I was driving on the road during midnight, my battery sensor turned on 5 minutes later, I had multiple sensors turn on simultaneously. The ABS sensor, airbag, anti -traction as soon as I realized what was going on. I was merging to the emergency lane. I tried to push on the gas pedal and was not even able to accelerate due to the lack of power. I was worried but I was able to make it safely to the emergency lane. I tried to start the vehicle but couldn't the car wouldn't crank. So I had to tow the car to my mechanics and my mechanic told me it was due to the alternator. Lack of power = system will not allow you to run the vehicle. I would like something done about this ifit was not for the emergency lane me and my family could have been killed on the highway.

- Burbank, CA, USA

Jun 062013

Journey

I have had nothing but problems with my Journey. Before 2500 rotors had to be replaced around 30K miles transmission rebuilt now at 53K miles the transmission is being rebuilt again! this last time it occurred with my children in the car on the way to daycare. My car would not get into gear as I was driving it feel out of gear and would not accelerate with my foot on the gas. Not to mention my car would not even go into park! when my car was in park the car would drift backwards. Keep in mind this was happening on a busy highway with 2 young children!! I am so disappointed. For having a brand new car this has done nothing but stress me out. Before we purchased our Journey we purchased a brand new caliber and had it for 2 years and never had any issue! I am wondering what can be done.

- Clermont, FL, USA

Dec 112012

Journey 6-cyl

Snow storm and the AWD wouldn't work..took it in and it has had three diagnostics run on it and as of 1/10/2013 it still willnot work.I have been sent out in this vehicle in snow storms cold weather with regards from the shop that they didn't know what was wrong with this vehicle that I would have to bring it back in.this Dodge has no traction without the AWD.to date all I get told is I will have to bring it in for a diagnostics run. I am driving a very dangerous vehicle on snow and ice 30 miles to have them not fix the problem.as far as I can see they got there money and its my problem now.warranties or not I'm not getting what I paid for and its a danger to drive.

- Townsend , MT, USA

Oct 122011

Journey 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Journey AWD. The contact stated that shifting in different gears, she noticed a loud clunking noise and the vehicle would jolt in any direction. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where they advised her that the computer software needed to be updated. The vehicle was not repaired. Prior to the failure, the contact took the vehicle to an independent mechanic where they advised her that the new model Dodge Journeys all drove the same way. The manufacturer was contacted and they offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 4,400. Updated 01/24/12 the consumer stated she has been to the dealer three times for the same problem. Updated 02/27/12

- Hamburg, PA, USA