Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Dodge Journey got a major overhaul in 2011. Let's hope it's better than the first generation (2009-2010) -- it couldn't be much worse.

2011 Dodge Journey fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Journey:

2011 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Dec 262011

Journey 6-cyl

Since I purchased this vehicle in September of 2011 I've had problems from the radio not working, power outlets not working, bad cylinder heads, have random loss of acceleration, bad gas tank and fuel pump. According to the technician at the dealer the Journey has a problem with the cylinder going bed within the first year. The fuel pump had to be replaced twice. The first time they replaced it I broke down in the middle of the freeway 3 days later with my family in the vehicle. The brakes and steering wheel locked up and the vehicle shutoff. I was a sitting duck waiting to be hit be oncoming vehicles. I had the vehicle towed back to the dealer and 3 days later IżżM told that the vehicle is fixed but I need to replace the brakes because they were at 0%. first of all I just had to replace the tires 2 months prior and my brakes were fine now I have no brakes at all. Secondly they said they road tested the vehicle the first time they should have fixed the issue but yet they didn't tell me I needed new brakes. I couldn't fuel my vehicle to full. It generally stop around 3/4. they have replaced everything there is to replace and the car still doesn't work. After the second time the fuel pump was replaced I was told my vehicle was fixed I picked it up and it was worse than when I drop it off. The vehicle was making loud noises, vibrating, and I still couldn't tell how much gas was in the tank. On top of all of that they tried to charge me 20 dollars for gas and when I refused to pay they took the gas out the vehicle and left it on the line next to the E. I had enough gas to make it to the gas station. Needless to say I'm still without a vehicle.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA