5.2

2012 Dodge Journey engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Journey:

2012 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Sep 012015

Journey 4-cyl

A recall was submitted on July 28, 2015. I looked online today. I have been smelling a smoke smell, I received a recall notice in the mail August 15, 2015 stating the engine beauty cover on my vehicle may detach from the engine and come in contact with catalytic converter and start a fire without warning. The part to fix the problem is not available and I will be contacted at another time when a repair part is available. I am concerned for the safety of my small children and myself. I'm afraid to drive the vehicle. It is parked in the garage....updated 11/04/15

- Champaign, IL, USA

Dec 132014

Journey 4-cyl

Engine shut down while entering highway but all lights still work, I was barley able to coast to side. Electronic throttle control is the issue according to my dash symbols. I have looked online and see lots of these problems. This has now happened 3 time in 2 days. When I try to restart I get the etc error symbol on my dash, car just keeps trying to turn over but cannot. I have been able to start the engine usually after 15 min of sitting. I have not went to the dealer yet. I was hoping to find a recall since my warranty was only for 36000 miles.

- Eureka, MO, USA