2012 Dodge Journey seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Journey:

2012 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Sep 262016

Journey

In an accident on access rd of ih 35 and a car on a side street did not stop at the stop sign they went through it and T boned me. The whole passenger side of the car was damaged. My daughter was in the passenger side of the car and neither of the curtain air bags deployed.

- Manor, TX, USA

Aug 032016

Journey

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that when the passenger seat was moved forward and/or backwards, the air bag light turned on and off and then remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic who diagnosed that the "B1C4E passenger positioner open circuit "did not send the signal to inflate or to activate in case of a crash". the passenger side wiring needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 47,900.

- Ingleside, TX, USA

Mar 052016

Journey

The contact owned a 2012 Dodge Journey. While driving 15 mph, the contact's vehicle was struck by another vehicle on the passenger side. The contact's vehicle flipped over. The air bags deployed. There were two injuries sustained that did not require medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a tow yard. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 66,523.

- Austell, GA, USA

Feb 042016

Journey

Vehicle was traveling on a side street and was struck by another vehicle on the left side just in front of the rear wheel causing it to spin and roll. As you can tell by the pictures attached the side curtain airbags did not deploy either at the time of initial impact from the other car hitting the side of our vehicle, nor did it deploy when the vehicle rolled on it's side and roof. Our concern is why?

- Trussville, AL, USA

Nov 022015

Journey

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while coming to a stop, the brakes failed to respond when the brake pedal was depressed. As a result, an on coming vehicle crashed into the passenger side. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact did not sustain any injuries. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed but the contact did not know the cause of the failure. The VIN was included in the NHTSA campaign number: 15V675000 (electronic stability control, service brakes, hydraulic). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Elgin, IL, USA

Jul 282015

Journey

My husband and I were traveling up our hill on from our house. It is very steep, like cresting the top of a rollercoaster. Once we were at the top coming over the top our brakes gave out. My husband kept pushing them to the floor and still nothing worked. We had to round a bad curve towards the bottom and had to swerve to avoid hitting a car coming up the road. In doing so my husband tried to keep control of the car but ended up veering off the road into someone's yard where we hit a tree head on then skidded across their driveway and crashed through their privacy fence and landed nose down into their inground swimming pool. And at no point did our airbags deploy. We were wearing seat belts but I actually had to go the local urgent care for head injury and my husband is seeing a dr for back injury. Our headrests had a mechanism that deploys in accidents. That was all that worked. Thank god nobody was in the pool because they would have been killed. The police were called and a report filed.

- Ashland, KY, USA

Dec 262014

Journey 4-cyl

First was the back brakes and right router have had to replace it 3 times since 2012.. we where leaving a bp when we were hit on the side back passenger door and back panel so bad the door was stuck and the airbags did not deploy was so scared for my kids.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Nov 172014

Journey

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Journey. The contact stated while driving at approximately 65 mph, another vehicle crashed into the rear ended of the contact's vehicle and none of the air bags deployed. The contact sustained injuries to the shoulder and the passenger sustained cuts in the hands. Both required medical attention and a police report was filed. The vehicle was awaiting inspection from the insurance company. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 78,000.

- Warren Robbins, GA, USA

Aug 012014

Journey

The contact owned a 2012 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle veered to the right without warning. As a result, the contact crashed into a boulder and the air bags failed to deploy. The driver sustained shoulder, chest, neck, and head injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 33,000.

- Bradford, NY, USA

May 052013

Journey

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, another vehicle crashed into the rear passenger's side of the contact's vehicle. The vehicle overturned three times before crashing into a cactus. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained lacerations to the elbow, right shoulder injuries, and back injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the incident but the vehicle was not inspected for the cause of the air bag failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 19,000.

- Chino , CA, USA

May 152013

Journey

I was traveling in the slow lane of route 2, when another car crashed into the side of me. Car hit directly in drivers door. The side of the car was damaged badly, to the point where the doors were not able to be opened. I had to be removed out of the passenger side of vehicle. I was transported to the hospital with bruises and pain to the left side of my body. I bought this vehicle because of the safety systems. None of the air bags deployed in the car. The side impact bags did not deploy. I hit my head hard on the driver door. Why would these safety systems not work?

- Arnold, MD, USA

May 032012

Journey

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, he crashed into a vehicle exiting an alleyway. The air bags did not deploy and three passengers were injured. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and was not repaired. The air bag failure had not been inspected. The failure and current mileages were 2,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA