2014 Dodge Journey accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Journey:

2014 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Mar 022015

Bought this wonderful (not) car to replace my minivan. Within the first month, when I would put my cell phone in the "cave" under the radio, the radio would scan. Did this multiple times and eventually when I opened the doors (a couple of times), the radio actually muted, ,,,they checked it out and they replaced the radio, then something else to do with the radio....butttt, it still does it. Mentioned that while driving through country roads, the read end gets loose. After he asked me 1) do you drive fast through on the country roads and 2) do I live in in the country (both no answers), they "checked it out" and shocks on the back. Kinda miffed that they questioned my driving ability actually. I told them that the transmission seemed to shift weird. They checked it out and said there was an "upgrade" that could be done, and they did it. Seemed to work for a while, but it is doing it again. Turned the rear wiper on and off (light rain) and it kept going. I did not push the washer option, and know how to work a rear wiper, but when I mentioned that to them, they looked at me like I was an idiot and explained how the washer option works. But of course, they could find nothing wrong with it. With my next oil change, they are checking on the creaking sound that it makes while driving on bumpy roads at slow speeds....they think that it is the bearings in my leaf spring, but sounds like when we had to replace a strut on my van. All in all, I like the room and setup of the inside of the car, but boy....I have never paid so much for a lemon in my life!! and....guess who didn't buy the extended warranty"???" you guessed it.

- Ramsey, IL, USA

Jun 062014

I purchased a 2014 Dodge Journey June 6, 2014. The following day my wife noticed large spotting on the (6) side glass panels- problem with the polarization process. I returned the vehicle for replacement on June 9, 2014- the car had 35 miles on the odometer. The dealer and Chrysler llc declined vehicle replacement. They made the decision to attempt to replace all (6) side panels of glass. The first attempt resulted in another batch of equally defective auto glass. But now I had new problems. Now the windows binded and squeaked with every window use. I demanded vehicle replacement again. The dealer and Chrysler llc again declined. They wanted one more shot at replacing the auto glass. This 2nd attempt resulted in another batch of defective auto glass and the windows squeaked and binded. Also now I had body damage as both rear doors had (4) inch creases in them from the repair attempt. I demanded vehicle replacement again. The car had slightly over 100 miles on the odometer at the time. Chrysler refused replacement and stated they were done working on the car. I traded in this 2014 Dodge Journey and took a $5,000 loss. This was on a car that had 168 miles on the odometer. Chrysler did not offer me a buy back or goodwill allowance on a vehicle that I did not feel safe in after (2) failed repair attempts and the windows still were binding.

- Evergreen Park, IL, USA