2014 Dodge Journey miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Journey:

2014 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Jun 152015

Journey

I received two recalls on the above vehicle. The first says the engine beauty cover may come loose and come in contact with catalytic converter resulting in a fire. The second has to do with a ground wire on the right front shock of the anti-lock brake module. The wire allows water to wick through into the ABS module which can disable the ABS and/or the electronic stability control. The lack of functioning ABS and/or ESC systems could change the braking and/or handling characteristics of the vehicle and cause a crash without warning.

- Middletown, IA, USA

Jun 272016

Journey

The passenger side headrest in my 2014 Journey deployed without cause. It slammed my wife in the back of the head. I was driving down a smooth highway at approximately 50 mph.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 262015

Journey

During drive the car shuts down, I have taken it to the dealer, and they say nothing is coming up and they only have had it for 3 days, I told the dealership that it shuts down when it wants to.

- Covina, CA, USA

Oct 302015

Journey

I bought the car on 5/28/15, dealership did not inform me of any recalls on this car.plus they had promised 3 years of free oil changes, sold us extended warranty for life but does not say what percentage they will cover.plus we also have mopar warranty of 100,000 miles.when I went to get my oil changed on Oct 30,2015 they asked for coupon which neither me nor my husband knew of any coupon and we told service desk clerk they were suppose to be free.he then called the salesperson that sold us the car, and ask him if he told us about 3 year free oil changes and the salesperson stated to us he did not recall saying such a thing to us.well, we were pretty upset by the dealership lying to us.service guy said they would do it this time but next time we would have to pay for oil change.they did not have us sign any papers saying they could work on our car and proceeded to pull it into the bay and changed the oil, I do not believe they did any check points on our car at that point so I do not believe anything was documented whether they are trying to void our car warranty or what.when they were done they gave us our car keys but still did not give us any papers showing any type of oil change or where they are suppose to do a 27 point check.I did send them any E-mail stating I want a reciept, and I am calling them on 11-02-15 and again stating about a document were they servcied my car.this service department is very rude and very hard to deal with.I paid alot for that car and expect good service, and both me and my husband are upset over the whole ordeal since they are going back on there word.plus they also told us they would give us a coupon on our next oil change, but they did not give us any coupon either.the car dealership is thomas garage, in St.clairsville, Ohio there phone number is 740-695-0452

- Glen Easton, WV, USA

Sep 132015

Journey

Driving at 70 mph on the freeway, the driver-side rear passenger door window shattered spontaneously.

- Pleasant Ridge, MI, USA

Aug 042015

Journey

The vehicle erupted into flames while sitting in the driveway. The car was off and had not been driven for about 12 hours. The vehicle had been into the dealership several times for the radio, navigation, back up camera shorting out while coming to a stop. The night before the fire the vehicles back up camera shorted out and came back on while reversing out of a parking spot. We were going to take the car into the dealership for this problem on 08-06-2015. The neighbors came and got my wife and children out of the house and called the fire department. I have pictures of the fire and all service records of the vehicle leading up to the fire.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Jul 242015

Journey

2014 Dodge Journey purchased new from dealer, I month later radio panel would go blank for a few seconds and come back on, had taken it to the dealer wea told cpould not find any issues, at this time it is still happening, also I take my Journey in for service every 3500-4000 for service I was told I need 2 new front tires khumo tires at that time I had only 27000 miles he showed how the threds are showing through the rubber, I have not abused driving of my Journey service person said to me that looking at the tires he could tell that I do not abuse the driving of this auto I qbey all speed limits, if someone wants to go fast on the road I let them go past me, I am a handicapped person, but I am not going to buy 2 new tires, I want the manufacturer replace my tires, I will continue to drive this Journey, and if the tirwes blow, then I will hold everyone responsible of putting money value over a persons safety, pleae understand that the dealers said it was going to cost over $300 to replace these tires, I have not put 30000 miles on my Journey as of this day so I feel there should be a replacvemen6T or some kind od a big discount, now for M7Y radio panel that go, S blank every so often I do not have the answer and as the service person said the same, so I just hope that I or my wife to not get injured when im driving if the tires give out henry nickerson

- Richmond, VA, USA