9.3

2015 Dodge Journey engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Journey:

2015 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Mar 262016

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. While driving 35 mph, the contact depressed the brake pedal and the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart. The failure was persistent. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure could not be determined. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 12,500.

- Calexico, CA, USA

Jul 302016

Journey

Driving on a major highway when all of a sudden, I noticed my speed dropping. I pushed on the gas but got no response. Then traffic began to stop but I couldnt! my brakes did not work!!! I put my hazzard lights on and began to drift across 3 lanes of traffic because the steering also did not work!!!! I almost caused several accidents as I was unable to control my vehicle. I made it to the emergency lane and pushed the emergency break coming to a joilting stop. Once I caught my breath and stopped shaking, I was able to restart the vehicle. I then exited the highway and crept across town back to the dealer where I had just left getting my oil changed prior to this incident. They checked out the vehicle but found no bad codes or any other issue so there is no fix for something they could not re-create.. this is my 3rd Journey (2010, 2011, 2015) and I believe this is an accident waiting to happen. I had no issues with the prior two years. I am terrified of driving this vehicle now especially noting so many other complaints of the same issue.

- District Heights, MD, USA

Jul 252016

Journey

I purchased my vehicle in November 2015, just two weeks ago while stopped at a light my vehicle just turned off. When trying to restart my vehicle jolted then turned on, I took to the dealership they stated all it needed was a software update and it would fix it and that it would never happen again. While 4 days later it happened again this time the vehicle was in motion we were turning a corner and bam the car turns off again almost getting slammed by another vehicle. I had to help my.husband pull the wheel to turn, the steering wheel locked braked didn't work or accelerator. I opened a case with Chrysler and they say they can't do anything for me. I really need help.with this some please help this is a unsafe vehicle

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 162016

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V431000 (engine and engine cooling) and 15V675000 (electronic stability control, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Natchitoches, LA, USA

Dec 032015

Journey 4-cyl

In Dec 2015 I received a recall notice and was informed that another notice would be sent when I was to contact the dealer. This is for the anti-lock brake system. The 2nd notice was received in jan16. I called the dealer on 1/4 and 1/21/16 and was told they did not have and did not know when they would have the part to make the repair. They said they would take my name and number and put me on the waiting list and call me when the part was in. It is 3/1/16 and I had not heard from landmark Dodge where I purchased the vehicle from and had been in contact with. I called them to see if they had the part and guess what they said they just happen to get 5 in today! however they could not schedule the repair until 4/1/16. We are talking about the brake system here. 4 months to do a repair that the manufacturer knew was required for safety sake. I really feel the NHTSA should look into this. Also this is the 2nd recall on this vehicle and I have not even owned it for a year yet. The first was the engine beauty cover which we had to wait for that part on also. We have been forced to drive with a faulty anti-lock brake system control module on this vehicle for at least 3 months. And that was just since we were notified. This is unreasonable and a safety issue that really should be addressed. And I don't think the dealer was even going to call me back as they said they would.thank you.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Dec 052015

Journey

On early December 2015, water leak inside my vehicle, I brought the vehicle to kendall Dodge, the back seat containers were fill with water, the carpet was wet as well, kendall Dodge keep the vehicle for a one an a half week, when they call me to advised me that the vehicle was ready when I show up to the dealer to pick up the car the case manager show me the vehicle it was noted that the back seat container were half way with water, I ask the case manager what was done in my vehicle she couldn't answer she apologized and she told me that she will send the car back to the shop, 3 days later they call me again to tell me that the vehicle was ready, when I pick up the car an inspection was done and it was noted that the back container had rust, I ask again, no response, since the beginning of this I been in contact with Chrysler, I had requested mold test or replacement of the carpet, the vehicle smells bad had rust I dont know if it has mold Chrysler keep giving me the run around, this vehicle was new when it was purchase May 26 2015, in addition the transmission keep giving me problems it seems that they are defaulting in the agreement that was made when I purchase and sign for this vehicle, I have two little girls and they spend a lot of time in this vehicle going to school and places and am not sure if this vehicle is safe for them, please help my tel: 305-496-2029

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 222016

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact received notice of NHTSA campaign number: 15V431000 (engine and engine cooling); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Jan 082016

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V675000 (electronic stability control, service brakes, hydraulic) and 15V431000 (engine and engine cooling); however, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Pottsville, AR, USA

Aug 032015

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V431000 (engine and engine cooling); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 282015

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 45 mph, there was a burning odor coming from the engine. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V431000 (engine and engine cooling) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 40.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Dec 142015

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V431000 (engine and engine cooling) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Dec 142015

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V431000 (engine and engine cooling) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Rockhill, SC, USA

Dec 072015

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V431000 (engine and engine cooling) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 072015

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V431000(engine and engine cooling) however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Jun 192015

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V431000 (engine and engine cooling); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Marrero, LA, USA

Jul 212015

Journey

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V431000 (engine and engine cooling); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ashland City, TN, USA