2015 Dodge Journey fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Journey:

2015 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Nov 212015

This occurred in a driveway upon start-up of vehicle. The vehicle refused to start during cranking of engine. Dealership was contacted for advice, they recommended to jump the vehicle. Directions were followed with hood in the open position and fuel was observed spraying out of the engine compartment upon cranking of the engine. The dealership was contacted again in which they towed the car to their shop to diagnose the problem. They noted the fuel line attached to fuel rail was improperly installed (at factory as described by dealership garage) which caused the fuel to spray throughout the engine compartment.

- Fpo, AP, USA

Sep 112015

This is the third time in 3 months... the check engine light turns on, goes off, then the fuel cap light comes on. The first time we were told it was a sensor and there was a minor vapor leak detected so Dodge replaced the sensor. The second time it happened, there was a major vapor leak detected so they replaced the gas cap. This is the third time and are waiting to see what is causing it now. Also, yet another issue occurred in which the air bag light came on and the air conditioning fan would not blow, supposedly that situation resolved itself although this was witnessed by the service department at the dealership because they could not recreate it. Finally, we purchased a 4 cylinder and live in a climate that gets up over 115 degrees. When accelerating, the A/C blows warm. The service department has stated that this is a known issue with the 4 cylinder Dodge Journeys.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Apr 242014

I have had my car right at 3 months and it just shuts off with no warning. I have children in this car going down the interstate and it just shuts off. There is no warning signs and no way to get it off the side of the road. I'm just dead in the water hoping no one will rear end us. It has been in the shop 2 times and they have it a day and say shows nothing and send it back to me. It is very hard to get it into the shop and they act like I'm the problem cause they can't find it. It's my only car and I keep telling them what is going on and they say juat keep driving it. It takes several min for it to finally start then it seems to clear out the codes. I have called them and expressed my concerns about the safety of my kids and my self. They seem to not be worried. But I have seen I'm not the only one with this problem and nothing is being done. I guess when it kills my family or someone else thenaybe something will be done. This happens at least 3 xs a week if not more and I have no clue when it will happen. It's very scary. Please can U help me before my family ends up killed.

- Hobart, OK, USA