- November 2: Chrysler Valve Stem Lawsuit Alleges Metal Stems Corrode
- October 29: Chrysler Recalls 560,000 SUVs For Airbag and Stability Problems
- September 20: Chrysler Agrees to Settle Dodge and Jeep TIPM Lawsuit
- September 15: Dodge Darts Recalled After Transmissions Magically Shift Into Neutral
- September 1: Fiat Chrysler Releases Buyback and Incentive Details
2005 Dodge Magnum
CarComplaints.com Notes: This is a classic example of why you should avoid the first model year of a new car. Sure, it's new and shiny but there's going to be some growing pains.
Let someone else deal with those headaches.
Worst 2005 Magnum engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine light on4
- shakes when idling4
- engine dies while idling3
- ESP light comes on, car loses power3
- engine knocking2
- valve seat failure - engine destroyed2
- engine stalls and cuts off while driving1
- Enging bolt breaking1
- fatigued accelerator pedal. cracked free from mount1
- intake manifold broken1
- metal shavings in engine1
- oil line disconnected resulting in engine fire1
- throttle body malfunctioning1
- NHTSA: Engine45
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling19
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control11
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Magnum Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Magnum compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Magnum overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Magnum.