Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: This is a classic example of why you should avoid the first model year of a new car. Sure, it's new and shiny but there's going to be some growing pains.

The 2005 Magnum has problems with the gear shifter getting stuck, a shaky and sometimes stalled engine and transmission failure at 75,000 miles.

Let someone else deal with those headaches.

2005 Dodge Magnum lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Magnum:

2005 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments

May 012008

Head lights cover distorted diminishes lighting when driving at night, turn signal stick don't turn off when turning,

- Ocala, FL, USA

May 242012

Magnum 6-cyl

I have not had a complete failure. Waiting on that to happen. I purchased a brand new 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT with V6, automatic transmission in 2005 from a dealership. It had approximately 36 miles on it. I have not had the pulling to the right everyone else had, but it does make a funny scrubbing sound while driving as if the tire was rubbing against the car on the right rear passenger side and several other problems that are common. I have depressed the brake and felt vibrations from pedal on several occasions. The car doesn't seem to be able to stop completely. I even got out to look, thinking I hit something. A few months ago, the power outlet located inside the astray stopped working. It blew a fuse, I replaced it. Then, two weeks ago, the power outlet in the console stopped working. Just two days ago, the battery went dead for the second time in three months. I replaced the battery again. Now all the sudden the ac/heater stopped working. You can hear it trying to come on, but the fan motor doesn't seem to be coming on. We've noticed that the headlights seem to surge at night. I will be taking our car in to the dealership, along with copies of complaints from other consumers.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Sep 032012

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Magnum. The contact state that while driving her vehicle at night, the head lights failed. The contact turned the lights back on but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the light switch needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 178,000.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Nov 242011

Magnum 6-cyl

While driving ~40mph when it was completely dark outside, without any indication or warning, my headlights briefly dimmed for ~5 seconds and then I had no lights whatsoever. Needless to say, this could have easily proved to be fatal. Fortunately I am ok. Thus, I am taking this opportunity to file a report. I haven't had the opportunity to take my vehicle to the dealer yet but intend to.

- Berlin, CT, USA