Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: This is a classic example of why you should avoid the first model year of a new car. Sure, it's new and shiny but there's going to be some growing pains.

The 2005 Magnum has problems with the gear shifter getting stuck, a shaky and sometimes stalled engine and transmission failure at 75,000 miles.

Let someone else deal with those headaches.

2005 Dodge Magnum miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Magnum:

2005 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments

Sep 302015

Takata recall. When I had the first recall they replaced the air bag and when they did now the turn signals will not turn off by themselves and the steering wheel makes a popping noise when driving down the road and making a turn.I have no idea what they did when they replaced the drivers side air bag but that is the trouble I am having with my Magnum now and you want me to let them do it again. They need to repair the first mistake first but it is my only way around and no dealer will loan out.

- Poteau, OK, USA

Jun 092016

The ignition switch is no good iam parked on city street.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Sep 112015

I believe my cars has a problem with the gas tank. On Friday September 11 2015, we drove the car and it had gas at the time, suddenly the car just turned off on the street. On my gas meter or gage is always reading it on empty when it has fuel. It's also smelling like gasoline now. We bought the car from a used car dealer and it's still being financed. How can I know if it's a manufacture problem, I did some research and it happened to say that this gas problem happens to the Dodge Magnum 2005-2006, if it's a manufacture problem do I call the Dodge dealer and will it be fixed by them. I have two children, I can't drive a vehicle that is not safe. What options do I have. The vehicle also has an air bag recall, which the dealer has not fixed because they don't have the parts it's been over 3 weeks since we received the safety recall notice by mail.

- Northhollywood, CA, USA

May 012015

A driver suddenly stopped in front of while I was moving resulting of me hitting her in the back. Front of my car is totaled. The shock was violent but the airbag never deployed. Thank god I was not greatly hurt.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Dec 132014

After filling up with fuel the car has a tendency to stall at intersections or stop and turns. Also will surge or loose power at highway speeds. Usually only last for 0-15 miles or so and then goes away until next fill up. I believe this fault is due to a fuel tank issue, that when filled causes fuel to be shut off to engine. Possibility for being rear ended are very great with this kind of problem. Especially in high traffic areas.

- Boyd, TX, USA

Mar 072014

Transmission shift interlock lever locked in park. Cannot be shifted uunder any conditon. Failure disables vehicle and cannot be overridden.

- Falls Church, VA, USA

Mar 262010

My car was doing fine until I went to back up and it wouldn't come out of park. I had never had it happen before. I couldn't get it out of park. No warning lights and no noise just wouldn't come out of park. The shifter needed to be replaced. A shifter assembly needed replaced

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Apr 302009

I have a complaint against the city of montgomery, al, the county of montgomery, al, the state of al etc.. I been having problems with my mail running 6 to 20 days not delivered. Now I'm having problems with my car. Honestly I don't trust the dealer and there service department when it comes to my safety. Furthermore I made a complaint with the department of justice when it came to my privacy which pertains to a gps system I feel was attached by Alabama government officials because of the current complaints I have against them. I took my car in on 04/30/09 at 1:00 pm for repair at the brewbaker service department. I was told by ronnie a service representative that I would get my car back that day after a part came in. I checked on my car everyday up to know 05/04/09. Ronnie still up till this day is stating he is waiting on a part. I seriously think something is wrong. It don't take 5 days to repair a car or wait on a part for minor service which ronnie said would take an hour to repair. More importantly my car has been sitting at this shop for 5 days for minor repair and I question the safety of the car being that I have a complaint against Alabama government officials and the fact my privacy is being invaded. Please look into my complaint and just consider this a predetermination if I have problems with this car 2005 Dodge Magnum in the future. The company's info is brewbaker motors Chrysler Dodge etc dealer, 300 eastern bypass, montgomery, al 36117 (334)279-0174.

- Montgomery, AL, USA