Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: This is a classic example of why you should avoid the first model year of a new car. Sure, it's new and shiny but there's going to be some growing pains.

The 2005 Magnum has problems with the gear shifter getting stuck, a shaky and sometimes stalled engine and transmission failure at 75,000 miles.

Let someone else deal with those headaches.

2005 Dodge Magnum suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Magnum:

2005 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 012005

Vehicle tires were severely cupped and consumer alignment was out causing him to replace tires at 16 000. The consumer stated when he went over a bump, the vehicle hit the bottom very hard and the vehicle no longer bounced. The tire company as well as the consumer believed the problem was suspension related, however the dealership claimed that it wasn't.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Jun 302004

Magnum 8-cyl

2005 Dodge Magnum bought new - has always pulled to the right. Dealer has done 5 front end alignments and replaced two tires to no avail. It seems that Chrysler is trying to sweep this not uncommon problem under the rug. Dealer played games with dates on invoices and service records in attempt (in my opinion) to hold off on my being able to take legal action. The car cannot be driven without it veering to the right. It is absolutely essential that such a serious defect be fixed before serious injury or worse occurs.

- Valley Cottage, NY, USA

Mar 282005

Magnum 8-cyl

My 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T experiences alignment issues with the vehicle pulling to the right. While the manufacturer claims it is "within spec" the dealership does not deny the problem exists. I have visited the dealership twice regarding the issue and will most likely go back a third time. I am aware of a tsb that is out regarding this issue, however I feel dealerships may not have all the information or choose not to perform the necessary work to fix this obviously widespread flaw.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Feb 022005

Magnum 6-cyl

The transmission in my 2005 Dodge Magnum has stuttered, clunked, vibrated, and surged since the 3rd week I had it. It has been in the shop 3 times for a total of 15 days so far for this problem. My dealer called star hotline and were told that there is no flash for this problem, and that I need to drive more aggressively (like I can drive 80 in a 35 mph zone!) or just live with it. The dealer and the manufacturer have told me they cannot help me. It has also been realigned once for pulling to the right, and now it is pulling to the right again. I will be making another appointment with the dealer to have this looked at.

- Adelanto, CA, USA

Dec 042004

Magnum 6-cyl

My 2005 Dodge Magnum has pulled to the right since day one. I have had it to the dealer 3 times and twice they told me that the Magnum is designed to pull to the right as a safety feature to keep you from going into the left lane in an emergency, ie passing out etc. I have that statement in writing on the second service order. Dodge will not take any action.

- Baldwin, FL, USA

Jan 172005

Magnum 6-cyl

The vehicle keeps on pulling to the right making the ability to maintain the vehicle straight on the road difficult. Manufacturer has been contacted by consumer.

- Davisburg, MI, USA

Feb 112005

Magnum 8-cyl

Car always pulls to the right.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Jul 202004

Magnum 8-cyl

My 2005 Magnum rt has had a right pull problem since it was purchased. I've taken the vehicle to 3 different dealers to have it fixed. Now it is a mild pull but I'm experiencing uneven tire wear. The dealerships have worked hard to correct the problem but daimler Chrysler is denying that it is a problem. There are hundreds of us that have this problem all through the Magnum internet forums and nobody has gotten Dodge to fix the issue. The vehicle is especially crown sensitive and will run off of the road if you dont keep both hands firmly on the wheel. My car still does not drive straight and the dealer says it is "in spec" and they act as if I'm stupid. The Dodge 1800 number people are useless and only try to send you back to the dealership.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Jun 012004

Magnum 6-cyl

Left rear window will not work from driver side car drifts to the right.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Sep 252004

Magnum 6-cyl

Since the first time I drove my 2005 Dodge Magnum, it has pulled to the right. The dealer and manufacturer say that they all do that and it is an engineering problem and they can't figure it out nor can they fix it. The car comes up to specs on the alignment and everything is supposedly fine, but it continues to pull to the right.

- Homer Glen, IL, USA