8.8

2. dealer replaced shifter (1 reports)
  3. replaced the pink piece on the inside of shifter housing (1 reports)
2005 Dodge Magnum transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Magnum:

2005 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments

Sep 212010

Magnum V6

My 2005 Dodge Magnum was running great, parked it, went to get in it again, and wouldnt come out of park. After looking on the internet, and researching this problem, it seems to be common. A piece of very cheap plastic inside the shifter housing that has tension pulling on it ALL the time, had broken. By the research we did, it would cost 300-400 dollars to repair. However, took the shifting housing out of the car and disassembled it, and took the plastic piece off and took a piece of wire and repaired the plastic piece and hooked it back to the spring and reassembled the housing and placed it back in the car, hooking up all cables and wires. Total job, 2hrs. Can find details on how to do it on the internet.

- , Irvine, KY, USA

Jul 072010

Magnum SXT 3.5L V6

I cannot move my car out of the driveway. How come it will not go into the reverse position from the park position.

- , Lexington, KY, USA

Sep 172009

Magnum SX V6

I cannot get the car into gear. Should I force it? I love my Magnum, but if I can't drive it, it's got to go!

- , Lake Worth, FL, USA

Sep 152009

Magnum RT 5.7L V8

Every time I park on an incline and turn the car off, when i put it in drive the gear shift is almost impossible to put in drive. It has a loud, hard, stiff shift into gear. Also going from reverse to park to drive has the same effect.

- , Winston Salem, NC, USA

Oct 222008

Magnum SX 3.5L V6

This problem with the shifter not moving into gear is a total pain in butt.

I have to turn the car off and restart it to get it out of park.

I just know someday soon it will stay in park and I'll have to have it towed for big bucks.

I also have to tap the brake pedal and it sometimes helps to get the gear shifter out of park position. Anyone ever had this problem? and whats the fix?

Thanks

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

Nov 112006

Magnum SE

Had this problem for 2 years. They kept adjusting something but the problem always came back..now that the car is out of warranty, they found the problem in the shifter and are charging me $349 to repair it. This seems to be a common problem and maybe we should all get together.

- , Waipahu, HI, USA

Aug 312008

Magnum RT 3.8L V8

I can't even get my car out of the garage, I need help bad!!!!!!

- , Winter Haven, FL, USA

Aug 212008

Magnum V6

my car wont go out of park i have tried pushing the reset button.

- , Hialeah, FL, USA