CarComplaints.com Notes: This is a classic example of why you should avoid the first model year of a new car. Sure, it's new and shiny but there's going to be some growing pains.

The 2005 Magnum has problems with the gear shifter getting stuck, a shaky and sometimes stalled engine and transmission failure at 75,000 miles.

Let someone else deal with those headaches.

2005 Dodge Magnum wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Magnum:

2005 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Mar 012012

Magnum

I purchased four Firestone FR710 tires on June 18, 2010 from a local Firestone dealer for my 2005 Dodge Magnum. Mileage at time of purchase 32803 tires were all made within a week of each other with date codes of dot 96A67100410, 4th week of 2010. 1st tire sidewall cracked/ruptured 03/01/2012 mileage at time of incident 60513, 2nd tire same sidewall cracked/ruptured 09/21/2012 mileage 69309. Tires rotated 2X, tread well worn on each tire. Company will not stand by 65,000 mile warranty.. in fear others may blow an any time. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6).

- Bradenton Florida 34209, FL, USA

Mar 092012

Magnum

Purchased 4 new Continental tires after 5 months tires are wore out. Less than 5000 miles.

- Owensboro, KY, USA

Dec 122006

Magnum

My 2005 Magnum came with Continental tires when purchased as new. They were horribly out of balance and the dealer nor the tire manufacture would help replace the tires after they were completely bald at 11,000 miles. We filed all the paperwork against Continental in hopes of some monetary replacement, but to this day have not heard nor received word from the dealer nor Continental. Purchased Goodyear assurance triple tread and love them. Continental will never earn my business again and the lack of support from the dealership is disappointing as well.

- West Seneca, NY, USA

Oct 152006

Magnum

Premature tire wear on my O5 Dodge Magnum R/T. I have replaced the front tires at 10K miles due to them cupping and balding on the outside edges. I did this and had the front end checked out. Then at 35K miles I had to replace them again!I then took it to a front end shop and they aligned it and said the factory has a bad set of specs as it will wear out the tires in no time!this is not normal or right!

- Melfa, VA, USA

Apr 302007

Magnum 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Magnum. The vehicle has Bridgestone turanza tires, size 215/65R17. While driving 65 mph, the front driver side tire blew out and the vehicle crashed into a guard rail. The contact stated that a state trooper witnessed the entire accident and filed a report. He stated that the front driver side rim struck the cement. The crash damaged the front driver side door, fender, and bumper. The "a" frame (axle, subframe, struts) of the vehicle were replaced for $4,500. The contact injured his back and is still seeing a doctor. The tires are original equipment. The dot number was unknown. The current mileage is 56,000 and failure mileage was 55,950.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jan 232007

Magnum 8-cyl

2005 Dodge Magnum rt, Continental tires started showing tread wear at 6000 miles. Dealer at 9000 miles made note of unusual tread wear and blamed it on excessive speed. At 11,000 miles 2 out of the 4 tires were completely worn through and the other 2 almost worn through. Car is 1.3 years old and has only been driven 11,000 miles. Dealer will not replace tires and Continental will only give a 50% rebate on the tires but will not reimburse for mounting and alignment. Car also pulls to the right consistently.

- Monroe, WA, USA

Nov 302006

Magnum 8-cyl

2005 Dodge Magnum rt problem with Continental tires P225/60R18 BSW touring tires severe tire cupping after 10K miles - noticed when tires were rotated. Dealer was able to do tire balancing after driving 1K. 5K miles later, tires are worn with only 16K miles. Need replacements.

- Racine, WI, USA

Nov 232006

Magnum 8-cyl

My 2005 Dodge Magnum has 11,000km on it and the tires are down to the wear bars. The dealership denies any responsibility and the tire manufacturer (Continental) will not do anything. I think that this is a safety issue and should be given more attention by both Chrysler and the tire manufacturer. There are already 42 complaint files about this online and it should warrant a closer look.

- Tilbury, 00, USA

Aug 092006

Magnum

The Continental tires on my new, 2005 Dodge Magnum were replaced with goodyears due to the fact that at 10,000 miles the front tires were completely bald and the rear tires only had 1/8" tread left, I rotated the tires every 3000 miles and noticed the wear bars had started showing when I rotated them at 9000 miles. The dealer said it was not their problem and that I should bring it to a Continental tire dealer and complain. Continental would only pay 35% towards the cost of new tires. After spending $32,000 on a new car then one year later having to dish out over $600 for tires really hurts. My whole reason for buying the car was to not have to worry about expensive mechanical repairs for a long time.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Aug 072006

Magnum 8-cyl

The front tires are cupping every 3,000 miles. Dealer has checked alignment, rotated the tires and replaced them for free 4 times with 2 different brands of tires. I now have 30,000 miles and the tires are worn out again and the dealer has told me that is just the way it is and to stop coming to them to resolve the issue. It has been quite rainy where I live and I feel that the tire damage is now putting me at risk. The ability of the tires to perform in rain soaked roads has diminished significantly because of the unusual wearing and I feel that it is unsafe to drive the vehicle in any inclement weather. I really hope this issue can be resolved before there is a fatality. Since the tires are so badly worn on the outer edges the vehicle vibrates at highway speeds and seems quite unstable. Any little bump in the highway causes the steering wheel to jerk violently. I am not sure if this is caused by the worn tires or an inherent design flaw in the front end. I know from researching the internet that there are many owners that are having the same problem.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Jun 292006

Magnum 8-cyl

Details: I have 9800 miles on my 2005 Dodge Magnum rt which came from the factory with Continental tires. I have rotated the tires every 3000 miles. In talking with other Magnum owners "online", they are experiencing the same problem. Some people are getting adjustments from their dealers, others are not. These tires should be recalled. These tires do not live up to their listed wear ratings and the car manufacture should recall the cars for defective tires.(continenetal tire). At 10.000 miles alot of people don't even think about checking there tire's.they could have bald tires and not know it until one blows or they lose control on wet pavement.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Dec 022005

Magnum

Three tires on the consumer's 2005 Dodge Magnum were out of round by December of 2005. ***** the consumer was unable to drive 35 mph or more without the vehicle shaking. The tire were replaced but the vibration/shaking continued. The vehicle was taken to another repair facility who noticed that the vibration/shaking was due to a bent drive shaft and loose bolts.

- Wausau, WI, USA

Mar 262006

Magnum 8-cyl

: the contact stated while driving at 40mph, the vehicle ran over a road hazard. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was determined the tire wear was thin and recommend replacing the tire.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Mar 012006

Magnum 6-cyl

2005 Magnum has problems with the steering and front end alignment. Vehicle pulls to the right. This caused premature wear with tires. *****

- Erie, PA, USA

Mar 102006

Magnum 8-cyl

The front tires have worn out on the outside edges, car pulls to the right, growling noise at low speeds now beginning to show up at higher speeds. Have complained about the problem since 6000 miles on the car, now has 19500, dealer says the alignment has no problems, blames the tires, the tire people (Continental) blame the car. The car is now undriveable without replacing the tires, they are so out of balance and cupped vibration is severe. I was last told by the dealer it is my problem.

- Knoxville, IA, USA

Nov 182005

Magnum 8-cyl

The oem tires on our 2005 Dodge Magnum rt are down to 2/32" tread depth at 17,903 miles. The tires are Continental contitouring contact 225 60R18. I have rotated them when required and have checked the tire pressure regularly. I am very unhappy with the tread life of these tires.

- Pottstown, PA, USA

Oct 292005

Magnum 8-cyl

The tires on my Dodge Magnum rt went bad at 10000 miles.

- Sun Prairie, WI, USA

Jul 052005

Magnum 6-cyl

Dodge Magnum SXT 2005. I purchased June 30, 2005. While driving the vehicle, a vibration could be felt which seemed to come from the tires. We contacted the dealership and were able to replace 1 tire that seemed to be the problem. This did not fix the problem. I took the car to a local service center for a rotation and balance and they were out of balance about a 1/4. the technician also found the belt protruding out of the inside of the rear left tire. We took the car back to the dealership and they replaced that tire. We then were directed to take it to another facility to check out the tires further. The technician found one of the tires to have an "egg shaped" condition which meant it was out of specification. We took it back to the dealership and they replaced the other two tires. Even though I have 4 new tires, I still feel this same condition. The main concern are the tires. The fact that I only had about 3,000 miles on the vehicle and a belt broke through the tire concerns me. Good year has been contacted on this issue as well regarding the problem. I have also contacted DaimlerChrysler customer service and reported the problem to them. Notes: The tire size selected from your drop down menu was the only option (175/70R13). This is not the correct tire on my vehicle. The correct size is P215/65R17.

- Angola, IN, USA

Sep 252005

Magnum 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Magnum SXT, the car has pulled to the right since day one, it has been aligned 2 times now. The 2 front tires are wearing badly on the outside, the driver side is worse than the passenger side. I have requested that Chrysler replace the tires at this time I have not heard an answer on that. I have been told that the wear on the tires is not due to the car pulling to the right that it is a wear problem (I guess the way I drive) I don't agree!! my car has also stalled 3 times while going in reverse. My gauge lights and headlights flash and flicker every time they are turned on the dealer has said they have seen it flicker one time, they must drive with their eyes closed!! sometimes the back window can not be rolled up by the drivers controls.

- Columbiana, AL, USA

Sep 142005

Magnum 8-cyl

I have a 5 month old Dodge Magnum rt with 20K miles. The tires need replacing and are down to the wear bars. The tire manufacturer and Chrysler are blaming each other. The car has a noted alignment problem, which Chrysler fails to address. I have collected many post from websites with people having the same problems. Just trying to be proactive before something bad happens. 2005 Dodge Magnum | service bulletin number: 0200304 date of bulletin: 20040525 code of failing component: 020000 suspension vehicle leads to the right. 005 Dodge Magnum | service bulletin number: 0200304 date of bulletin: 20050312 code of failing component: 020000 suspension right lead/revised alignment specifications. 2005-2006 Chrysler 300/charger/Magnum. 2005 Dodge Magnum | service bulletin number: 0200404 date of bulletin: 20040615 code of failing component: 020000 suspension suspension/towing/lifting damage. #1531 of 1572 re: Anyone else notice this problem with their Magnum rt? [alxs] by turbineben Aug 29, 2005 (2:46 pm) bookmark | reply | E-mail msg replying to: Alxs (Aug 22, 2005 9:49 am) I have a 2005 Magnum with 4000 miles on it, and have been experiencing the same issues. I have been back to the dealership many times, three for the tires being way out of balance when the car was delivered. Two times for alignment issues, which have now been corrected and the car tracks straight. Three times for a popping sound coming from the right front dash area, near the speaker....they have replaced that front dash piece, but the problem still happens. Everything else is great with the car. I just need to get the popping sound fixed somehow. It sounds to me like ti is one of the many plastic snappy things that Dodge uses to hold the interior together, but I am not sure.

- St. Charles, MO, USA