2006 Dodge Magnum electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Magnum:

2006 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Mar 012016

Dash lights and head lights flickering or going completely out at night while driving. When I googled the problem. There were numerous Dodge owners with the same issue. I went to the dealer and was informed it was a computer problem and would need replaced ($550) is the cost for the new computer!!!

- Chillicothe, OH, USA

Nov 022015

Car stalling while stopped or at low cruising speeds. Then the car is hard to restart. After restarting the car will not go into gear for a while.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 042015

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. Upon attempting to turn off the vehicle, the key would not disengage from the ignition. The contact stated that the failure occurred on more than one occasion. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 44,000.

- Kingman, AZ, USA

Feb 012010

When wanting to indicate a right turn, the signal indicated left and vice-versa. This is intermittent, but dangerous. It did not happen often, leading me to think it stopped, but is getting more frequent. Also, key will not turn over engine intermittently.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Jan 152015

Magnum 6-cyl

2 issues: 1) the car stalls (engine cuts off) sporadically. It restarts without hesitation but the stalls are during transit which is very dangerous in traffic. I see a lot of instances where this complaint has been reported but I don't see any recalls on this issue. 2) when someone is sitting on the front passenger seat with the seat belt buckled, the seatbelt warning light and chiming continuously blink and sounds. Also, all the emergency lights on the dashboard blinks simultaneously periodically. Not sure if that is related but I don't see any recalls concerning this. I will be reporting these to the media for assistance in getting these issues addressed with my vehicle.

- N/A, TX, USA

Oct 302014

(totally integrated power module tipm) one morning I tried to start my car. The car acted if the battery was dead, so I jumped the car. After I jumped the car I noticed that my esp/bas light was on. I didn't think much of it because I was trying to get to work. As I left my house I tried to use my turn signals. They did not turn on. I tried to use my wind shield wipers and they did not work either. This is alarming because these are a couple of same attributes that make a car safe. After more investigation the following things stopped working as well. Horn cruise control front windows turn signals so all of my major components that allow me to communicate with other drivers stopped working all at once. I went to the local Dodge dealership. The service writer told me that this is not a uncommon problem and that the cost to fix this problem would be around $1200-$1000. After further research, the service writer was not far off when he said this is a common problem. After reading page, after page, after page of forums of "Chrysler " owners having the same problem. Further more there is a lawsuit against Chrysler for putting faulty parts on their vehicles without any sort of recall. This is a major safety hazard considering, if this common faulty part goes out, so does most of your visual and audio communication indicators on your vehicle.

- Temple, TX, USA

Oct 042010

Several times when driving or parked all gauges on dashboard drop to zero and idiot lights come on - sometimes it happens only once and sometimes it happens multiple times before returning back to normal. Have had it to the dealer several times - even had to pay them $269 to disconnect my after market remote start for them "prove to themselves" that it wasn't the cause. This issue happened a few times before the remote start was ever installed, but they wouldn't take my word for it. Also provided the dealer with multiple internet printouts of complaints for the same issue across multiple makes (one said that theirs was due to a loose connection under the battery housing), but they "had never heard of such a problem" and "couldn't reproduce the problem" even after driving the car several miles on several occasions. Funny how it happens to me on most rides!

- Livonia, MI, USA

Jun 072014

Magnum 6-cyl

I have been having major issue with my Magnum stalling. It stalls after I fill up on gas, if I drive alot during the day it stalls alot at night, and it happens at all speeds. I have been stuck at major intersections freeways, freeway entrances and exits. Its not a great feeling fearing every time you drive especially the way people drive in los angeles. This is getting out of control and I have no option but to drive it. I am afraid of getting in a deadly accident because of this issue please help.

- Carson, CA, USA

May 122014

Magnum 8-cyl

The engine stalls randomly after stopping at a stop sign or red light. This will often occur several times in a row. After restarting the car it will not go into gear and be stuck in neutral. The problem will also occur at speed, dying causing a small deceleration and then starting again on its own. This is very dangerous because the driver behind you has no indication that you are stalled and stopping unexpectedly.

- Kenosha , WI, USA

Dec 242012

While driving, without warning the following will happen simultaneously: Dashboard gauges drop to zero (mph, gas level, temp, RPM), the idiot lights all come on and if the heat (blower) is on it will stop operating and heated seats turn off. This lasts for 2 seconds and then everything resets except the heated seats which you have to turn on again. This can happen once or several times in rapid succession. I have had this occur winter, spring summer and fall. I think it's a computer problem as something controls all these functions.

- Shenorock, NY, USA

Jan 062014

Magnum 8-cyl

While waiting at a traffic stop the vehicle stalled. Cranked it twice and got it started. On the next light it stalled again when slowing. The gas was at 3/4 full. Next time, my wife and kids were on the freeway when the car stalled when slowing to stop at an exit. Deemed unsafe but realized the it happened after gas was filled or closer to full. Happened a couple more times with the last being on 3/5/14.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 012013

I filled the tank with gas, started to exit the station and the engine stalled. The out of fuel light came on even though it was full and it continued to stall and sputter. It has now happened three times since this first event and it is my understanding that this is a problem with this engine type.

- Laytonsville, MD, USA

Dec 132013

Magnum 8-cyl

After filling the car with gas and pulling onto the state highway the car motor stopped running. It started back up and got up to around 45 mph then the motor stopped running again. Again the car started back up and got up to around 25 mph and the motor stopped running. Then it started back up, bucked about 15-20 times and got me home. Next day the car ran fine. Five days later, filled the cars gas tank up again and pulled into heavy traffic and the motor stopped running, was almost hit by a dump truck. Again the car started back up got up to around 35 mph and the motor stopped running. This has now been happening after every refill. I don't top off the tank.

- Amston, CT, USA

Feb 012014

Magnum 8-cyl

Vehicle stalled multiple times after refueling.

- La Habra, CA, USA

Sep 092013

Magnum 8-cyl

Engine stalls while driving, also stalls while car is not moving, whether in park, reverse, or drive the car shuts down and sometimes starts up immediately and sometimes it doesn't, if car is moving at speeds above 30 and the stall happens it will kick right back up on it's own.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Aug 172011

Magnum 8-cyl

Engine computer that talks to key to determine "match" dies and shuts off vehicle while driving. Computer had to be replaced. 14000 miles later (two years later) computer that was replaced does the exact same thing and Dodge will not replace as a defective, but rather charging 1200 bucks. Extremely dangerous as it randomly just cuts off engine while driving at any speed and can be rear ended. This is not a part that "wears". and this is not a part that should ever have to be replaced or go bad.

- Cupertino, CA, USA

Mar 202013

Magnum 6-cyl

I was driving at night and I realized that my lights were flickering and flashing without me having to touch anything. First I thought I had fuses issues or some type of bad connection. It wasn't the case because I brought the car to the mechanics and they couldn't find a bad connection. I took back the car but the situation was getting worst O he point that the light can stay off for more then 10 seconds in the middle of the highway and suddenly comeback on. Also it will keep doing that through the whole trip. In brought the car back to the mechanics and they found that that's an electrical issue. I went online and found that through google that this has been an issue with a lot of Dodge Magnum (electrical problem). I think this is a big safety issue. Specially driving at night. Thank you for running an investigation in this issue.

- Attleboro, MA, USA

Jan 072013

Magnum 8-cyl

V8 engine repeatedly and unpredictably stalls and loses power during driving and turning situations. Recovers after 1-2 seconds in some instances, stalls completely and is difficult to restart in others. Produces extremely hazardous and dangerous situations in traffic and at intersections. Local Dodge dealer (hall Dodge) has had car for six weeks+ and has failed to correctly diagnose & repair. This appears to be a common very dangerous problem involves fuel tank valve, as it is more prevalent (see many online posts of identical symptoms since 2005 and before) after full fuel fill and persists until unrestricted fuel appears to have been used to sufficient degree. Dealer has replaced unlikely items such as sunroof module and the ABS module in futile and inept attempts to skirt the real issue. Someone is going to die in one of these cars when it stalls --Chrysler Dodge is 100% knowledgeable of this defect in many of their cars, and will not acknowledge or make any attempt to correct it. We implore NHTSA to intervene immediately! posted 27 Feb 2013.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Feb 012011

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, all of the lights on the dashboard illuminated and the vehicle independently attempted to shut down. This failure recurred numerous times. The contact also stated that the transmission made a loud noise as if it were going to drop out of the vehicle and began to slip. The failure recurred numerous times. The contact also stated that the vehicle would attempt to stall when attempting a turn in either direction. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis but they offered no assistance. The manufacturer was notified but offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 65,000 and the current mileage was 103,000.

- Irving , TX, USA

Nov 052010

Magnum 6-cyl

Please put your self in our shoe`S this has got to be dealt with or someone is going to get killed in a crash. Please don't let Dodge skate on this one can we not get a class action lawsuit going? I hope I don`T crash and kill somebody`S child or loved one. 1. dangerous! entire car shakes when traveling at 40-80+ mph. The shake shows up in the steering wheel which makes the car unsafe to handle at speeds of 65mph. This shake is not present when braking, only under acceleration and usually only when you go over 40mph. The problem has gotten so bad that it actually hurts my ears do to the "pulsing and pounding air pressure when only one window, any window is open. It is deafening!!. the wheels were balanced on 4 separate occasions and that didn't nothing but waist my time and money. 2. car nearly stalls out when shifting between first and second gear on wide open throttle. (can be dangerous if you expect the car to go and it stutters. Almost appears as if it is going to stall, like it's starved for gas). And if all that is not enough, the rack and pinion need replacing, after only 53 thousand miles!!!"?" it should last at least 150,000 miles I only drive about 10,000 miles a year! and on very smooth roads. Now I am out of money and attempting to make ends meet on $995 dollars a month. Don`T I / we have government backed consumer rights when these problems are so obvious and blatantly being ignored. Dodge should by now, know what these problems are, and if not, they should feel obligated to at least find the cause of them. After all I purchased a Dodge to help support an american icon just to find out that they actually treat us worse than Toyota treats there customers. I mean at least they are fixing and admitting there mistakes. I just hope myself or anyone else get hurt or killed do to there ignorance before they finally bend over, grab there ears and pull there heads out of there.........!

- Rohnert Park, CA, USA