2006 Dodge Magnum fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Magnum:

2006 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Mar 312016

Magnum

Engine stalls while stopped also while driving. Which can cause serious accident.

- Oxford, PA, USA

Feb 182016

Magnum

Every time I fill gas the engine stalls repeatedly for about a minute or longer. Becomes dangerous when trying to accelerate out of an intersection and it stalls.

- Underwood, ND, USA

Nov 172015

Magnum

Engine light on will not turn off. Comes back on after, dealer turned it off.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Nov 022015

Magnum

Car stalling while stopped or at low cruising speeds. Then the car is hard to restart. After restarting the car will not go into gear for a while.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 012015

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. The contact stated that while driving at low speeds, fuel fumes emitted inside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 102,000.

- Borrego Spring, CA, USA

Jun 152015

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. While driving at approximately 10 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to be restarted. The contact also stated that the failure occurred after refueling the vehicle. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000.

- Roseville, MN, USA

Jul 032015

Magnum

For four years my vehicle stalls each time I put gasoline in the tank. On several occasions I have stalled in an intersection as well as busy roads.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Mar 132015

Magnum 8-cyl

Engine stalled while driving minutes after filling the fuel tank. A known problem with these cars. Had to pull over and run the vehicle for 15 minutes before the engine could run steadily without stalling.

- Astoria, NY, USA

Feb 232015

Magnum 8-cyl

After filling the fuel tank car has been stalling, shutting off on me. Been reading about this issue and seems to be the fuel tank called the dealer that wasn't much help. Just bought the car about a month ago happens every time I fill up.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 092013

Magnum 8-cyl

My car falls under the gas tank replacement program but the dealers keep putting off the replacement stating no parts availability. I was recently nearly hit while making a legal U turn when the car stalled twice leaving me sideways across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic. I do not want to sell my car but the situation is scary enough for me to park the car. But waiting a year for the part is ridiculous.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Oct 122014

Magnum 8-cyl

I stopped to get fuel and started off on my trip I went to get on the freeway and the car stalled when trying to merge into traffic. Had to Dodge a few cars and coasted to the side of the road. I tried to restart the car a few times and it finally restarted. I continued on my trip without any problems until I stopped and filled the gas tank back up. This time I was in heavy traffic and had no place to go, pissed off a few people for blocking traffic but finally got the car restarted.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 012014

Magnum 6-cyl

• 1,600,000 miles
For the last 60 to 90 days, my car has being turning off several times. I took it for maintenance and everything was updated, brakes, oil change. I was advised it was my fuel tank. This needs to be fixed asap, I drive my children with me all the time.

- Rancho Cucamonga , CA, USA

May 012014

Magnum 8-cyl

While driving vehicle car will stall and only give about 5percent power. It can happen anytime has happened multiple times. Dealer had vehicle for a month and cannot determine the issues. I was almost hit by moving vehicles multiple times.

- Lexington Park, MD, USA

Sep 012012

Magnum

After filling up the car with fuel it would stall when driving it. On 11/23/12 I took the car to my local dealer, santa maria Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge. They informed me the fuel tank would need to be replaced because the vent valve on fuel tank was faulty. I paid for the repairs at cost of $1607.25 on 11/28/12. I recently became aware of a recall for this problem but they say my VIN# does not qualify. The problem was a scary situation. I could have been seriously hurt if the car stalled in traffic. Apparently I am not the only one who experienced this problem.

- Nipomo, CA, USA

Sep 122014

Magnum 8-cyl

Filled tank with fuel car stalled after stating and sitting at light. This is not the first time it has happened the last three times I have filled up.

- Myrtle Beach , SC, USA

May 012013

Magnum 8-cyl

After filing the fuel tank, the engine will sputter and stall. When it first began to happen to me, it seemed like I was getting bad gas. Now I know that this occurs primarily after I make a left turn and is due to a part that is inside the fuel tank. The part fails and the result is this problem with the engine stalling. This is a known problem with older Magnums, chargers, and Chrysler 300's. it is dangerous!! this has happened to be on interstate 95 and just when I got into the travel lane the engine died. I think the left turn I made was a few mile before I got to the entrance ramp and it caught me off-guard. I was lucky to be able to pull over and get onto the shoulder. This is a design failure and is not normal wear & tear. All of the older cars mentioned here can be affected. I assume you have received prior complains about this issue. Dodge is no help, but should be required to fix this problem. Thanks.

- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

May 112014

Magnum

Car dies after fill up always.

- Wylie, TX, USA

Feb 012007

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. The contact stated that when the fuel tank was filled, the vehicle would stall. The failure was experienced numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed which was unable to locate a failure code however, the dealer replaced the throttle body but the failure was not corrected. The engine continued to stall when the fuel tank was filled. There were no recalls for the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 2,000 and the current mileage was 118,000.

- Charlston , SC, USA

Dec 122013

Magnum

I have been experiencing a safety hazard with my 2006 Dodge Magnum rt for several months. When the vehicle is filled up with gas it will stall out when driving down the road. This happens regardless of what speed you are going and occurs every time the car is filled up. I have done extensive research and found that I am not alone with this issue and that the warranty was extended for certain VIN codes through Chrysler. Unfortunately my VIN was not a part of that warranty extension even though I am experiencing the exact issue that this covers. There have been several times where the car has stalled while driving in traffic which could have resulted in a major accident, luckily I was able to avoid any collisions. Maybe next time I won't be so lucky though...

- Marengo, IL, USA

Mar 262014

Magnum

When I fill my car with gas my engine will repeatedly stall anywhere from a minute or less to as long as 5 to 15 minutes upon leaving the station. Its very much like the PE13-016 investigation. In fact I've brought my car to the dealer and they have confirmed that my the gas tank is faulty. I did my research and uncovered your investigation and thought everything would be ok but it wasn't. even though my car is a 2006 Dodge Magnum 5.7L V8 with a 19 gallon fuel tank both the dealer (larry miller Dodge boise) and the Chrysler customer assistance center are adamant that my gas tank does not have the extended lifetime warranty described in PE13-016. They insist my car does not have the faulty tank that was the subject of your investigation. I don't claim to understand how stalling in traffic is not considered a safety issue and worthy of a recall but all other things equal, how come my car does not qualify for the extended lifetime warranty when even my dealer is saying my car has the exact same symptoms, its the right model year and the right configuration. This is not a trivial thing. Would you want to see your spouse and children randomly stalled out in traffic. And like me, I have found several other reports from fellow Chrysler LX series owners (Magnum, charger & 300C) reporting that no, the car will not always start right back up. Very often we have to wrestle with it and suffer through multiple stalls and difficult starts before the problem clears itself. Please help.

- Boise, ID, USA