2006 Dodge Magnum seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Magnum:

2006 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 252015

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number:15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wellington , FL, USA

Jun 212006

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 06V149000 (service brakes, hydraulic) and 15V313000 (air bags); however, the parts needed to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Dec 152009

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. The contact stated that the driver side air bag deployed without warning due to the humidity. The contact mentioned that the highway patrol indicated that the driver sustained fatal injuries due to metal fragments that were projected from the air bag. The vehicle was destroyed and towed away. A police report was filed. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 49,896.

- Oakland, CO, USA

Apr 292015

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. When the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 168,553.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 252015

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. While driving approximately 25 mph and attempting to brake, the brake pedal depressed all the way to the floor and failed to stop the vehicle. The contact placed the vehicle into park and it came to a stop. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on one other occasion while driving approximately 25 mph and the steering wheel dropped down and seized. The contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a lot and not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 154,000.

- Daytona Beach, FL, USA

Jun 232015

Magnum

I read in local newspaper of recall on our automobile concerning air bags made by takata Corp. Our air bag was being recalled to replace air bag inflator because it could explode with too much force spewing shrapnel into passenger compartment. Six people have been killed and move than 100 injured! today June 23, 2015 at 5:36pm I called the recall hot line 1-800-853-1403 I ask where to take my car to get air bag replaced randi the recall customer agent employee number RH1294 told me they do not have a replacement part to fix the problem yet but when they do come up with something they will call me or email me so I said your telling me it's on back order or you don't have the part to correct the dangerous air bag she said we have not come up with a way yet to fix it we are trying to figure something out but right now we don't have a fix I said so someone could get injured or even killed by this defective air bag that shrapnel short out of she said we will call or email when we come up with a fix I said wow and hung up! now what can I do 7316122611

- Halls, TN, USA

May 052015

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V817000 (air bags)however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Nov 012014

Magnum

Letter from congressman carter on behalf of constituent re 2006 Dodge Magnum station wagon unresolved safety recall notice since November 2014. The consumer was informed the part(s) for the air bag were not available.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Dec 012014

Magnum 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number:14V817000(air bags). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure. Updated 5/18/15 updated 11/16/2015

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Dec 152014

Magnum

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Magnum. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V354000 (air bags). The contact stated that the part was not available. The dealer did not give a specific date when the part would become available. The manufacturer was notified of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Deland, FL, USA

Jun 032014

Magnum

Hello just the other day I noticed that the airbag light came on.the one on the cluster on the drivers side.I tried resetting it works for a minute and it pops back on.did some research on the web and it stated that I was a common problem in the 05 Magnum. If that's the reason how come they didn't recall the vehicles.big mistake if the lights on guess what get in a crash airbag won't work.that can be real bad like a life being lost and we don't need that at all.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Mar 292011

Magnum 6-cyl

Rear and front collision. Front impact air bags failed to deploy. Indicator light for air bags came on. Sensors were defective. They had to be replaced. Vehicle sustained damage, & passenger sustained major injury, driver moderate injury.

- Madera, CA, USA

Mar 242009

Magnum

I christopher sims was in a mva 3-24-09. A truck hit me head-on at over 30-35 miles an hour and the airbag did not deploy. You could see the sensor as plain as day. I did sustain injuries from the accident. What do I need to do about this problem?

- Little Rock, AR, USA