2. replace shifter (1 reports)
2006 Dodge Magnum transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Magnum:

2006 Dodge Magnum Owner Comments

May 152012

Magnum SXT 3.5L

Had to be towed in, dealer stated this was a common problem, that is why they stock 8 shifters in inventory. There ought to be a recall by the factory if the problem is so common.

- , Axtell, TX, USA

Sep 182012

Magnum 2.7L

stuck in park. can't afford to fix it. I found where to push with my finger to get in in gear. It really sucks that there is no recall on this problem. Never will buy Dodge again

- , Albuq, NM, USA

Oct 212012

Magnum

Car worked fine.. Then the gear shifter is stuck and I can't even get the car out of the garage...

- , Greer, SC, USA

Aug 262012

Magnum ST 2.7L

This new problem just happened last night. I drove my car yesterday and then last night I went to leave and the gear shifter was stuck in park. I can't mover my car. I had to bum a ride to work. This is my only means of transportation. I called the dealership about recalls on this particular incident and believe it or not there was nothing. Why in the world would the corporate allow a plastic piece to be put in the gear shift knowing that plastic melts when it gets to hot or breaks from constant usage. This is another safety issue that Dodge Chrysler ignores until someone gets killed or seriously injured behind, God forbids. Someone needs to help us with this in a hurry. We are being ripped off.

- , Columbus, GA, USA

Jul 032012

Magnum SXT V6

THIS IS A SPRING IN THE SHIFTER WHICH I WAS TOLD WILL MELT OR CRACK BECAUSE OF HEAT... NOW THE REPLACEMENT IS A STEEL SPRING... DODGE/CHRYSLER WILL NOT HONOR IT AS A RECALL YET? REALLY IT';S ALL OVER THE WEB HOW PEOPLE GET STICK IN VARIOUS PLACES. MAYBE BECAUSE NO ONE WAS KILLED YET FROM THIS FAULTY PIECE OF PLASTIC??? I CALLED THEM AND THEY HONESTLY SAID IT'S NOT COVERED AND WE STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCTS. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS BUT I AM DONE WITH THIS COMPANY AND AMERICAN CARS... PUT TOGETHER WITH GLUE..

- , Edgemopor, SC, USA