9.0

1. replace (2 reports)
1995 Dodge Neon fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Dodge Neon:

1995 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Jul 282009

Neon Highline

My dad purchased this car in May with 57,307 miles. We were getting good gas mileage; around 29 mpg. Then, in July, we were lucky to get 25. One day, my mother drove it 35 miles to Pittsburgh, and on the way home, the fuel pump failed and cost about $120 to fix. Other than that, this car is pretty good.

- , Butler, PA, USA

Jul 071996

Neon

The fuel pump failed at 12K miles, leaving me stranded on the side of the road in the rain around dusk, thus negating any justification this once young college girl had for buying a new car.

No reason for the failure was given but the dealership mechanic's only thought was that I ran low on fuel too often and the fuel pump could not adequately keep cool, thus it burned out.

As a broke college student with a new car payment, I did indeed run the car almost to E before filling up.... Just like every car I owned previously.

The car engine also blew the head gasket three times before 100K miles. (Approx 30, 60 and 90K miles) and the backup lights failed for different and unknown reasons throughout ownership.

I have five postings on here about my 1995 dodge neon, which was my first new car.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA