1998 Dodge Neon fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Neon:

1998 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Nov 021999

Neon

The first time would have been headed up 23 N the car hesitated on the hill, later that day, being the next day after I bought the car, it stopped going up a slight incline on high street in worthington oh in lunch hour traffic, I was in the far lane and could feel there was no pressure on the gas pedal, the next was 2 days later going up kenney rd, I was half way when I could feel no pressure in the gas pedal, I managed to get off the road and turn the corner when the car stopped, the final time I was on my way to work in morning rush when it started to act up, again there was no pressure in the gas pedal, I was moving at a rate that I could pull off the road, each time even though I was on level ground the car would not start again, the first time the dealer said I was out of gas, the second time he said I was out of gas and didn't bother to have it repaired only after the third conflict with him and this car was it fixed, I also think this car may have been wrecked, it was under warranty but was on the sales lot with all these prob and the driver door leaks air quite a bit, if ther is a way that could be checked out I would be happy to do it if I had the information.

- Columbus, OH, USA