8.0

1. replaced window lifter (for manual window) (1 reports)
1998 Dodge Neon windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Neon:

1998 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Apr 092012

Neon Sport/ Highline 2DR Coupe 2.0L

click to see larger images

window rolled up too far (manual window) window rolled up too far (manual window) window rolled up too far (manual window)

When i bought this car from a private party i was not told about this issue, however I was curious as to why my window had issues staying on the track. Only after my window had exploded did i find out the cause.

The window lifter had broken in half. this keeps the rear part of my window from hitting the seal on the outside of the car when i shut my door. Obviously i didn't replace it until the unfaithful day i decided to close my door a little too hard and my window shattered.

I have a two-door model car, as you see in the picture i provided, so finding this part at a junk yard was not an option. Instead I had to search and figure out what part number this item was. That was not easy considering every diagram i found did not contain this part.

After calling a dodge dealer, i found the part and ordered it. For my car this part cost $117+tax, however i needed it shipped overnight which upped it to $141.28. I had it installed by sears for $80/hr, which is how i came to my cost figure. Overall, this was a pain in the ass. For anyone else with this problem Below i have the part numbers for the driver side and passenger side of a 2dr dodge/plymouth neon.

Driver Side: 4783723AB Passenger Side: 4783722AB

These are the rear lift plates. They are typically located towards your door handle and latch.

- , Caribou, ME, USA