1. replaced electrical harness (2 reports)
2000 Dodge Neon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Neon:

2000 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Aug 062013

Neon ES 2.0L

I cant believe after just 10 minutes online I have found hundreds and possibly thousands more of these cases yet the manufacturer has done nothing about it... I wonder if they will feel that way when GM's outcome results in criminal charges and verdicts that carry some prison time !? This is clearly a design shortcut to lessen cost of MFS by not using relay system to carry current/amperage which can route current/amperage more efficiently. Im surprised the insurance companies who have to pay comprehensive coverage payment for loss caused by smoke/fire haven't done something about this...

- , Mesa, AZ, USA

May 202004

Neon ES 2.0L

At first my dash started to act up, speedometer jumping all around, etc. After a few weeks the dash completely died while driving. I thought the engine died, but it was still running. When I took it in I found out that the cluster had fried itself. This also burnt the computer. $950 later it was fixed. This was only months after the warranty expired.

- , Tualatin, OR, USA

May 202008

Neon ES 2.0L

Four years ago this happened to me and I spent $950 to fix it. Now I am having it happen again at a price tag of $1000. The car blue book is at $2550 plus or minus. I had no choice but fix it. According to mechanic it has been a major problem with this car. THANKS DODGE for making a crappy sh*t car. To have the cluster replaced a second time sucks!

- , Tualatin, OR, USA