1. cleaned oxidation from wire and resoldered connections (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Neon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Neon:

2002 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Aug 262007

Neon SE 4cyl

My wife's car would not start. My daughter noticed sparks coming from under the hood. I smelled smoke and the car appeared to be dead. A friend of mine helped me to drop the starter. After inspecting the starter we noticed the main wire going into the starter was extremely oxidized. It had also burned apart like a fuse would. My beef is with the Shoty workmanship of this starter. Who would design a mesh like design on a cable in this section. At least allow users to maintain this with access to that cable and mayber put some grease on it. The rest of the starter was perfectly fine. After we cleaned and soldered that connection, all was fine. I can't believe how many people have probably been rooked into paying hundreds in repair. One of the most disappointing things about this situation is that the starter was built by BOSCH. I was shocked, hope that this has been recalled and I just have not found out yet.

- , Liverpool, NY, USA