2002 Dodge Neon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Neon:

2002 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Oct 282015

I driving off the interstate wen car shut off idled tried to crank it up but it only made whining noise and won't start I also notice my car was smoking so I let the car cool off before I put water... the next day I went and a new timing belt put on and a crank shaft sensor and it still won't crank

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 062014

Neon 4-cyl

Good morning, I have a 2002 Dodge Neon that I have put money into and I have experienced dishonesty from mechanics until now; paying lots of money to fix a problem that cannot be fixed. I was informed last week that this leak on my car cannot be fixed because its a manufacturer problem. Apparently, this is a problem with all Neon's. its a fluid leak of oil. A recommended mechanic diagnosed my car and informed me of this news. He said that the sealant is gone and cannot be repaired by any mechanic. What happens now" because this problem cannot be fixed and I'm not in a position to purchase a vehicle, is there a recall to repair this problem" I also had to disassemble my radio because after replacing my battery, the electrical fuse was replaced several times along with the alternator because the radio played after the car was turned off and would kill my battery.

- West Roxbury, MA, USA

May 132013

Where to start! steering wheel shakes bad when idling and had to replace the entire computer! there seems to be the same complaints with these cars without any action from Chrysler. We have had to replace the front control arm bushings twice in 6 months in my daughters car, there is water leaking into the backseat from somewhere, stuttering when going up hills or over 50 mph; blown out struts, replaced radiator; eats oil..........why isn't Chrysler held responsible for these problems. Check the internet........there are thousands of the same complaints! it has cost me over 2500 in repairs in 8 months!

- Youngstown, NY, USA

Aug 042012

At approximately 3:00 a.M. on a Saturday the 4th of August I was involved in a rollover car accident in which I swerved to avoid a medium dog/coyote and my vehicle hit the ditch and rolled. My front airbags didn't deploy and I had to be transported by ambulance to the nearest hospital. I suffered a head injury as well as numerous body impact injuries from the crash. According to the report from the impound my engine was found 40 feet from my vehicle. My first concern was of course my airbags and why they failed to deploy.

- Hardin, MT, USA