1. replace fuel injectors and/or o2 sensor (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Neon fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Neon:

2003 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Sep 232010

Neon SXT 4 cylinder

The day after I brought my car home from the used car dealership I bought it from, it started jerking violently as soon as i started up the engine. The car was still in park and it hurled itself forward a good foot or so. I was like Wtf but i had to get to work so i put it in gear anyways and started down my road. When i stopped at the stop sign at the end of my street it started jerking again and then it stalled. When I tried to get it running again it would not start. So i was stuck at the end of my street. I eventually got it towed to be repaired and they said i had put bad gas in it and that they cleaned the fuel injectors for me. Long story short, it happened again, and then again, and yet again. I finally just took it to autozone to have them check my codes because the guy who sold me the car said i was lying to him and that the problem i was explaining was impossible even though his mechanic said the problem happened to him too even while he was fixing it(sexist jerk). Anyways, the computer at az had a huge list of possible problems. I took the comp. readout back to him and they replaced my fuel injectors completely and my o2 sensor and that seems to have fixed the problem.

- , Richfield Springs, NY, USA