9.0

1. flush tranny (2 reports)
2003 Dodge Neon transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Neon:

2003 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Mar 192011

Neon SE 2.0L

Bought car used in April 2010. One month after buying, my daughter and i were driving on the highway, when the transmission went. I thought she hit something or jammed on the brakes, it was that sudden a jolt. $2100 later, had the transmission rebuilt. March 19 2011, my daughter was driving. Got a block away from home, and she called me because the car was nt running right. She drove home and pulled into driveway. I saw transmission fluid and coolant spilling out.

Looked online and found out about the stupid transmission cooler inside the rad. local shop wants $710 to replace rad, flush transmission and coolant. Transmission shop that rebuilt transmission said he has done a few, and it runs around $525. Only problem is that shop is 60 miles away, and the tow bill will pretty much make up the difference.

I have a friend who has access to a shop, and we are going to do the repairs, but it sounds like it is going to be a pain...gotta run about 12-15 gallons of transmission fluid thru to hopefully flush transmission!!

First and last Dodge product I will ever buy!! Some experience for my daughter buying her first car!

I just hope that after doing all this the damn transmission does not blow up again!! @&$#@#% Dodge piece of $#*&^$@$ ((@#^%@#

- , Hoyt Lakes, MN, USA

Oct 192010

Neon 2.0L

rad fluid somehow got in tranny had it flushed twice costly repair also changed rad still don't know how or why this happen

- , Windsor, Ontario, Canada