8.0

2004 Dodge Neon body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Neon:

2004 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Aug 022012

Neon SXT 2.0L

last year i seen bubbles in the paint on the rocker and rear quarter . i just let good till this year i went to sand them and found big holes in the rear and middle of the rocker panels tried to fix replacement and no one had the so i made my own. and as for the quarter i sanded them and skimmed with bondo primed everything and had my buddy spray it. dodge sh*tty cars, no drains in the panels ,if they would have i wouldn't be replacing all this. same with the pontiac grand prix.

- , Aurora, OH, USA

Aug 162004

Neon

I purchased my car in March 2004 in perfect condition! Let me first say that it is solar yellow. About 3 months ago, I noticed brown marks all over the top of the car--from the trunk to the hood. After washing it three times and waxing, the crap did not come off!! Assuming it was tree sap, I bought some remover and it didn't even touch it! I spent of $50 in products and they did do sh*t! I had to hire a professional detailer to remove it. So, $200 later my car was back to its perfect condition. Unfortunately, 2 months later, the sh*t was back on my car!! I refused to pay another chunk of change to pay for this sh*t. I called my insurance adjuster and he said it was rusty water markings and/or rail dust. They will pay for it minus my deductible and suggested that i buy a top quality car cover at my expense! Not only that, I live near a large body of water so the marks are going to keep coming back. So, everytime I turn this in to the insurance company, my odds of higher premiums increase greatly!! What the hell am I supposed to do????

- , Port Deposit, MD, USA