9.0

2004 Dodge Neon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Neon:

2004 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Feb 142014

Neon SXT

This is the 4th time my Cam Shaft Sensor has went out on me & I am thinking it's just NOT worth fixing anymore. I am about to start looking for another car even I really can't afford another car note, my car is paid off but this is freaking RIDICULOUS!!!!!! I have two sons with Autism and I have to have DEPENDABLE transportation at all times.

I NEVER wanted a Neon but at the time I was in desperate need for a car & the saleslady knew it. I was suckered into buying this money hog. The gas mileage is terrible & I am so Tired of having to replace the Cam Shaft Sensor every year. I will NEVER EVER buy another Neon again!!!!!! I bought this car in 2005 after a teenage kid rear ended me and totaling my other car causing me to have to buy a new car & this is what I got stuck with. This should have been a recall b/c I have seen plenty of Neon owners with the same problem.

This is Ridiculous!!!!

- , Mobile, AL, USA

Jun 302010

Neon SXT 2.0L

I have now replaced the camshaft sensor 4 Times.... This car never runs well for me in the summer. As soon as the weather is really nice or its hot outside I have issues. But the Camshaft Sensor is horrible.. I don't live in the city and Every time this problem occurs , I am stuck tying to find a way home... The car will shake then bam engine light comes on. 1st and 2nd time my car died from it while driving. (lucky I didn't get hit) 3rd and 4th time I was able to get it home but it will shake (bouncy) especially if you just stopped at a red light or stop sign and start to go it will start shaking and hard to go anywhere. This is the worst car I have ever purchased. I needed something to get me from point A to point B and man I choose the wrong car to do so. I am full time student and can't afford anything else. I can't believe there is no recalls. There are a ton of people with the same problem

- , Waterville, OH, USA