2005 Dodge Neon body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Neon:

2005 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Aug 152014

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Neon. While the vehicle was parked in inclement weather, the contact noticed water on the front and rear passenger side floorboards and the trunk. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Jamaica, NY, USA

Jul 042014

My 2005 Dodge Neon entered into a collision with a 2001 Ford Taurus on 7/4/2014. My vehicle hit the Ford Taurus head-on into the passenger's side of the Ford Taurus at about the middle of the Taurus. My seat belt had kept me in my seat, but the air bag had failed to deploy, resulting in permanent injuries which will require pain management and surgery at some point. The posted speed limit was 45 mph, and I was estimated to be traveling at around 40 mph at the time of impact.

- Margate, FL, USA

Feb 112014

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Neon. The contact stated that water would enter from the side of the vehicle near the glove compartment when it would rain. The failure caused the frame to become rusted. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician diagnosed that there was debris in the evaporator drain. The drain was cleared and the windshield was replaced but did not rectify the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 62,000.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Feb 132012

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Neon. The contact stated that water would leak through the trunk seal and into the tire well whenever it would rain. The water would then flow into the rear seat of the vehicle, causing a small to moderate flood. The vehicle was neither diagnosed nor repaired for the failure. The failure mileage was 55,000 and the current mileage was 55,100.

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Jul 182007

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Neon. The contact stated after rainy weather conditions an excessive accumulation of water was on the front passenger side floorboard. The water seeped through the passenger side front door seal and two inches of water was consumed in the trunk. The water was extracted and both pieces of carpet were removed due to potential mold growth. The failure was not diagnosed nor was the vehicle repaired. The manufacturer was notified on two occasions regarding the continuous water leakage defect; however, they were unable to provide assistance. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Belmont , NH, USA

Jul 092008

Because rain season here in Mexico we had several days raining almost the entire day. Yesterday when a take mi wife to work I noticed that the rug of my cars floor was wet, at night after work I tried to check why the water was inside my car and I noticed that below the back seat was wet, I disassemble the back seat and notice that there was water below the seat and due to that all the floor below the rug has water (1 to 2 liters of water), I notice that the clips that give route to the harness (tail lights, pump, and trunk wiring) has water, it seems that this could be the problem; from factory nobody try to seal this parts, so water came through this by the holes made to locate the clips. I take my car to the service from factory and tell me that they will check it.

- Cortazar, Guanajuato, Mexico, 00, USA

May 172007

My 2005 Dodge Neon leaked real badly, there were huge puddles on the floor and the trunk and under back seats, but I have no idea where the waterwas leaking in from.

- Malden, MA, USA