2007 Dodge Nitro accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Nitro:

2007 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments

Aug 182015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. After starting the vehicle, the windshield wipers would erroneously activate and could not be turned off. While driving in the rain, the wipers suddenly turned off and stopped operating. After shutting the vehicle off and restarting the engine, the wipers activated and operated normally. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 95,556.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 202015

On or about 6:51 am. 7/20 /2015 I started to go to work, and realize it just finish raining. Wind had started to move the tree's near me. And drop quiet a bit of water on my wind shield. So I responded by turning the wiper's on and to know effect at all they did not work. Since then the weather has not been favorable. It is the only vehicle I can use that is serviceable. No crash, fire or fatality.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Dec 082014

The wind shield wiper will not turn off, the turn signals don't work and the high beams of the car does not work. I have contacted Chrysler Dodge last week they have stated it is not a safety recall. My question is would this be a safety issue? thank you

- Salinas, CA, USA

Apr 152014

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side front door handles became detached from the vehicle. The contact also mentioned that the driver's side front window failed to operate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 101,422.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Feb 112013

Nitro 6-cyl

Driving North on interstate I-75 in heavy traffic due to an accident, my horn started sounding, my windshield wipers activated and windshield washer fluid started flooding the windshield. I pulled over and shut the vehicle off and restarted the vehicle normally. Approximately, two months later, I attempted to unlock my car remotely using my key and the horn started blaring, the windshield wipers activated and the windshield washer fluid sprayed continuously. I called Dodge Chrysler corporation to see if they could offer assistance. They told me which fuses to pull. I had to disconnect the battery to stop the horn, then pulled the fuses and reconnected the battery. I was able to replace the fuses and drive home. Dodge Chrysler told me to contact my dealer if it did it again. On September 14, 2013. I attempted to unlock my car using my remote key and everything happened again. I disconnected the battery and pulled the fuses but after reconnecting the battery and reinstalling the fuses, the problem persisted. I contacted Dodge Chrysler and they transferred me to my local dealer. I took the car in first thing Monday morning but the service department could not replicate the problem and no codes were stored. I picked up my vehicle that evening and within 3 miles of the dealership, my Nitro horn, wipers and washer fluid all activated. I immediately returned to the dealer and left my car. The service department was able to replicate the problem but Dodge Chrysler would offer no cost assistance to replace a faulty tipm (totally integrated power module). I was informed that I would have to pay for the $750 repair myself. There are numerous reports of this and other incidents involving the tipm for not only Dodge but Chrysler and Jeep products. Dodge Chrysler Jeep corporation needs to be held accountable.

- Seffner, FL, USA

Nov 272012

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that after the vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 09V438000 (visibility) and driving approximately 25 mph, the right turning signal and the windshield wipers powered on independently. The wipers stopped in the middle of the windshield. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure and did not offer any further assistance. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000 and the current mileage was 53,300. The VIN was not available.

- Wallawalla, WA, USA