2007 Dodge Nitro electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Nitro:

2007 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Aug 012014

Nitro

I had a fuse blow in 2014 so I had my mechanic replace it. Ever since it has been replace my car no longer locks using my keyless entry. My windshield washer fluid never shuts off so I have to leave it unplugged. My hatch only locks when I manually lock it which involves removing the cover on the inside of the car. And now over the last few weeks when my car is parked it will unlock and the headlights come on for no reason. I have had nothing but problems with this car ever since it was purchased in 2012.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Dec 032015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that the front passenger and rear doors lock failed. The doors did not unlock from inside or outside the vehicle or with the electronic key. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer for diagnostic testing, which located a failure code at the electronic integrated control module. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Poplar Grove, IL, USA

Aug 062014

Nitro

Door locks do not work any time as well as the rear hatch. The car stalls at times for no reason on street

- Tonawanda, NY, USA

Nov 112015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that while parked, the forbik failed to unlock the vehicle doors. In addition, the doors could not be opened when the unlock switch was depressed. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 167,000.

- Kersey, CO, USA

Oct 312015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to unlock when using the key fobik. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 88,000. The VIN was not available.

- Macon, GA, USA

Jun 302015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that while in park, the doors failed to lock electronically. The contact had to manually lock all doors. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Clute, TX, USA

Jul 102012

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle lost all power. The vehicle stalled in the middle of the highway in traffic. The contact also discovered that the windshield wipers and headlights still operated and the vehicle was powered off. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the tipm part needed to replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 142,000.

- Farmington , MI, USA

Aug 182015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. After starting the vehicle, the windshield wipers would erroneously activate and could not be turned off. While driving in the rain, the wipers suddenly turned off and stopped operating. After shutting the vehicle off and restarting the engine, the wipers activated and operated normally. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 95,556.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 282015

Nitro

I have a 2007 Dodge Nitro with milage at 48,545. I have had a few incidents where I have been driving my car and while turning into a parking space my car has turned off on me out of no where also my stearing wheels locks up on me, thankfully this has not happened while I have been on freeway or on street driving at regular driving speeds otherwise you would have been hearing from my attorney. Also we dont get much rain in California, however during the rainy season I dont know from where but there is water getting into my car on D, leaving puddles of water in my car. Another issue is that my alarm goes off at all times of the day by itself. Also I do regular oil changes as needed on my car, in between oil chnages I notice my oil goes down substantually bout 3 to 4 quarts, and there is no leak in my car. The bottom line here is that the vehcile I purchaed is a lemon.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Jan 012015

Nitro

The vehicle unlocks and locks on its own. The vehicle lights will come on and off on its own.

- Pulaski, VA, USA

Jun 172015

Nitro 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. While at a stop light, the vehicle stalled without warning. In addition, the lights on the instrument panel illuminated and suddenly failed. The failure occurred twice. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,000. MA 08/05/15

- Fullerton, CA, USA

May 122015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. After the ignition key was in the off position, the radio and headlights failed to turn off without warning. In addition, the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 132,052.

- Booneville, KY, USA

Apr 302015

Nitro 4WD 6-cyl

I keep having issues with the wiring on tail lights, I constantly replace the light bulbs which work, the wiring is bad in this vehicle. I also have issues with the electrical when it rains, it drains my battery after every heavy rain, it makes a noise like it's booting up or something. I love the vehicle but really considering trading in.

- Peoria, IL, USA

Mar 232015

Nitro

My car will not lock. About a year ago the "lock-unlock key" stopped working and no one could figure out what was wrong with it. Since then I've had to manually use the key to unlock the driver door and then manually use the door lock/unlock button for the rest of the doors. Last month (March 2015), the locks completely stopped working. After 2 days the unlock button on both the driver and passenger sides starting working, but the lock button is completely non-functional. I have to manually lock every door to keep my car somewhat secure, however my trunk is now stuck unlocked with no way to lock it. I have brought my car to 3 mechanics and none of them can figure out the problem. After doing some research it seems many people are having this same problem.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Feb 122014

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. When attempting to lock the vehicle with the key fob, the doors would not lock. The failure recurred intermittently until the doors no longer locked or unlocked utilizing the key fob or console on the driver door. The vehicle was inspected by an independent mechanic, but there was no diagnosis or repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000. The VIN was not available.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA

Jan 182015

Nitro 6-cyl

So it started with my locks not working. The door would only lock if I stuck the key in the door or if I manually pushed/pulled the lock. Then about a week later my car would not start the first time when I would try to start the car. After that, it just got worst from there as in it would take longer/more attempts to start the car, until it just wouldn't start anymore. I had the car towed to a mechanic and he said it was my fuse box (tipm). And that he had heard of a lawsuit against Chrysler because of faulty tipm for a recall.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Dec 022013

Nitro 6-cyl

My 2007, Dodge Nitro's automatic door lock system works intermediately. Most of the time I am unable to lock my car using the lock button on the doors, or using the key fob. The only way to lock my car doors is to manually push down the lock on each door, unfortunately I am unable to lock the trunk door/hatch entirely because it doesn't have an external lock. Thus, leaving my car vulnerable to theft. I travel a lot and I am worried to leave anything in my car since it will never completely locks. This is a serious issue in this vehicle, one of the most common problems among Nitro owners. In 2007 there was a recall on Dodge door lock systems, but for some reason this make/model wasn't recalled. Please help! it costs over $1,000 to fix and it's a safety issue! www.foxnews.com/story/2007/09/14/Chrysler-recalls-36000-vehicles-for-brake-problems/.

- El Segundo, CA, USA

Jan 112015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. When the vehicle was started, the windshield wipers began to operate without engaging the windshield wiper lever. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Cozad, NE, USA

Jan 092015

Nitro

The contact owns a 1997 Dodge Nitro (N/a). The contact stated that the locks failed to release when the key fob was activated. The contact stated that remote key access failed to release the locks. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. The VIN number was not available.

- La Sierra, TX, USA

Nov 222014

Nitro 6-cyl

The door will not unlock with key fob or work inside when buttons pressed. Fuse blew tried to replace it when new fuse just melts and give off electrical sparks. Can secure vehicle or open lift gate because it only opens with key fob.

- Newport News, VA, USA