2008 Dodge Nitro fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Nitro:

2008 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Feb 052010

When putting gas in my 2008 Dodge Nitro at the end of the fill gasoline will erupt from the fill spout and spill over the car and the ground.

- Corolla, NC, USA

Feb 062010

Gas overflows upon fill up. Has happened each fill for 3 weeks since I bought a used 2008 Dodge Nitro stx.

- Beverly, MA, USA

Oct 302009

After owning my brand new 2008 Dodge Nitro for 14 months, every time I fueled it, the gas would spew out, way after the pump clicks off. I have been covered in gasoline 3 times and 2 servcie men have been as well. I have a 2 Y/O asthmatic daughter. The odor of gas engulfs the interior compartment as well when the overflow occurs. I have been refused loaners each time the truck has been in. This is a safety issue! but I had been told time and time again, Dodge did not feel it was a safety issue. Last week my whole tank was finally replaced after the 1st repair didnt work. Gased up today and gas back out all over my truck. As well as the gas spewing out covering anyone or anything in its way, my trucks paint is becoming damaged as well.

- Mount Sinai, NY, USA