2.6

2011 Dodge Nitro accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Nitro:

2011 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments

Oct 142016

Nitro

Since last week, randomly while vehicle was in motion or sitting at idle, it will chime with a warning. All my warning lights flash, all my gauges stop working except vehicle temp, my odometer reads "no bus". the wipers begin to go crazy on their own and I lose operation of my blinkers and high beams as well as fog lights and control of wipers. Main headlights just stay on. The vehicle still runs and drives but the gauges just sound like everything is constantly trying to reset. This lasts anywhere from a minute to 20 minutes. The vehicle will go back to normal and then randomly it will happen again. I drove from charleston wv to la plata md and this instance occurred 9 times in that 6 hour drive. It was completely random and lasted random amounts of time. No bumps or turns triggered it. It didn't favor happening going up or down mountains, just whenever it decided to glitch out. So at any given point during my drive, I'd lose capabilities to use my blinkers and high beams, let alone know how fast I was going and how much fuel I had left....it was very nerve-wracking. From my research with these symptoms, it points to the tipm. This concerns me as multiple other Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles have had recalls on the tipm for this and fuel pump relay issues. But my vehicle wasn't listed. I feel loss of blinkers, speed and fuel gauges, and proper use of my high beams/fog lights and windshield wipers is a major safety concern. If I can be pulled over not using a blinker but cannot use it due to this issue at random times...that should drive a safety recall.

- La Plata, MD, USA

May 122016

Nitro

The wind shield wipers come on and wont turn off and none of the lighting controls work, high beam, on /off, dash controls... this happens randomly.

- Liverpool, NY, USA

Feb 272016

Nitro

The windshield wipers work erratic. They will not shut off or will not turn on at times. When driving down the road the wipers may just start working without being turned on. Also when driving down the road and it starts to rain the wipers may not turn on at times.

- Butler, PA, USA

Sep 092015

Nitro

The horn sounds unexpectedly and usually when parked or moving slowly thru parking areas. Not only does this startle the driver, pedestrians could attempt to move away but into the vehicles path. There have also been incidents of the front door windows rolling down and the moonroof opening after the vehilce has been parked and secured. This presents a safety hazard to my wife who commutes to work and relies on her vehicle beening secure when she leaves after dark. Not to mention the risk of bad weather. These issues have occured at several random intervals and internet forums discuss the same and similar occurences. The date referenced is the most current horn incidence however my wife can't chase down a horn circuit to disable it and the horn is a required safety device.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Jul 282015

Nitro

We were on vacation in St augustine fl in the middle of an intersection getting ready to turn and the engine just completely shut off for no reason at all, thank goodness it was around 11:00 at night and there wasn't much traffic because we had a semi truck coming at us, luckily it started right back up and we got out of the way because it could have been a horrific accident ! this vehicle also sputters from time to time like the engine is going to die and also the windshield wipers come on by them selves for no reason ! updated 09/15/15

- Eustis, FL, USA

Dec 082014

Nitro

The car start, windsheild wipers come on by themself and vehicle will not go in gear. Have to remove the battery cable for car to go into gear.

- Greensboro, NC, USA