2011 Dodge Nitro electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Nitro:

2011 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 012013

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Nitro. While driving 20 mph, the seat belt warning lamp illuminated despite all the passengers being secured in the seat belts. The wiper blades then independently powered on as all of the warning lights on the instrument panel simultaneously illuminated. The engine seized and the contact was unable to accelerate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for and was diagnosed as a ground wall wire being loose. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the incident. The approximate failure mileage was 26000.

- Fort Rucker , AL, USA

Oct 012011

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Nitro heat. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the windshield wipers activated and the instrument panel gauges failed simultaneously. The vehicle was taken to dealer however, the failure was not present and the dealer was unable to perform a diagnostic. The failure recurred later however the cause of failure remained unknown. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact to take the vehicle for inspection when it recurred. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000. The current mileage was 17,300. Updated 10/19/12 updated 10/23/2012

- Boscobel , WI, USA

Nov 302011

Using my keyless entry fob, I unlocked my door and tried to start my vehicle. The vehicle would not start, but the dash lights came on so I knew the battery was not dead. I thought the battery on the key fob might be going out, so I went to purchase another key fob battery. With the new battery in the key fob, I tried to unlock my vehicle and it would not open. I used the key to manually unlock the car door, and the alarm went off. I tried to deactivate the alarm with the key fob and by inserting the key in the ignition and tried to start the vehicle. The vehicle would not start, and the alarm would not deactivate. I thought the key fob was bad, so I got my extra key fob and tried it. With the extra key fob, I still incurred the same problem -- could not start my vehicle. I had to use Dodge roadside assistance to have my vehicle towed to the dealership. The next morning, the service manager at the dealership said he experienced the same problem with the key fob and was unable to start the vehicle. He remedied the problem by pulling the fuse. After he re-inserted the fuse, he was able to use the key fob and start the vehicle. In checking the diagnostics, no errors were reported. I am very worried that this is going to happen again, and I am not going to be able to start my vehicle.

- Anadarko, OK, USA