2011 Dodge Nitro engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Nitro:

2011 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments

Dec 112015

Driving on 2 lane highway and had to brake hard as another vehicle cut me off. As soon as I did (brake) my SUV shut off...all the lights flashed on the dash board. I immediately put the flashers on and hoped I didn't get rear-ended. I tried 3X to restart my 2011 Dodge Nitro- it finally started. I was near the dealership where I purchased the vehicle, I pulled in, told them what just happened. They hooked it up to the computer and reported 'no errors'. it was a near miss on a busy highway, and I am worried if this were to happen again. I don't feel safe in my Dodge Nitro. I was alone, but what if I had passengers, children, etc.? it is definitely a safety issue when you brake hard and your vehicle just shuts off, wouldn't move. This is incredible scary. Someone or more than one person is going to be killed when they get slammed from behind and pushed into on coming traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Cortland, NY, USA

Jun 152011

Nitro 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that while at a complete stop, the engine rpms increased and the vehicle accelerated without warning. The brake pedal was depressed several times in order for the vehicle to come to a stop. In addition, the contact stated that while attempting to accelerate from a stop light, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 23. Updated 03/10/15 updated 10/15/2015

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 152011

Nitro 6-cyl

Engine stalls while parked or when accelerating from a full stop. It does the same while taking a curve and trying to accelerate when the curve ended. It feels like there is not enough gasoline coming from the tank and the engine starves. It does it when the engine has finished warming and all the time while driving. Vehicle has been in service for warranty because of this issue, but the problem returns as soon as 1 week after.

- Carolina, PR, USA

Aug 072011

I drive a 2011 Dodge Nitro and I went on a trip and on my way over I started having problems with the cruise control it would accelerate and decelerate and it smelled like raw gas, and as I would stop at a stop sign the vehicle would start misfiring. Then on my way back I continued having the same problem and another complication arised my air condition stopped blowing air and all the lines were frozen.

- San Diego, TX, USA