2011 Dodge Nitro lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Nitro:

2011 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments

Sep 242014

Nitro 4WD 6-cyl

The first sign of issues was in September, one morning after my car had been locked all night like always, the car alarm on the vehicle just sounded. I ran outside and unlocked the car then locked it again and went inside, I went back and forth multiple times, each time after locking the vehicle the alarm would sound within five minutes, I proceeded to turn on the car, I had system warnings present stating my trunk was unlocked. I closed the trunk multiple times but the warning never subsided. I had to leave the car unlocked while parked until I took the car into the dealership later that day, the mechanics could not replicate the "gate ajar" warning, and the car alarm system problem couldn't be fixed that day. Two days later, keeping my car constantly unlocked, I took my Nitro in for an evaluation, I left with a copy of the diagnosis, after the hour they hooked my engine up to their computer they still were unable to tell me what was wrong. The next day after 5 hours in the shop and $708 Dodge reprogrammed the tipm and replaced my spark plugs. The car problems were solved for two days, then again my car alarm went off while locked, the gate ajar warning also comes on randomly. I made an appointment to bring it in one last time, the day before I brought it in I was driving at 65mph and the car just shut off without warning. I had to remove the keys and jumpstarted, the car was okay until later that evening when the dash computer started flashing random warnings while driving. Today my car was in the shop for 10 hours, they reprogrammed the tipm again, and the mechanics have no fix for my car. Every issue I am experiencing is that of the vehicles recalled in the Chrysler tipm recall, Dodge refuses to refund or replace my tipm and state that my VIN was not affected. I am in a rental car for the night, tomorrow I have the option of taking the car home as is.

- Colorado , CO, USA