1995 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Dodge Ram 1500:

1995 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 262011

Ram 1500 V8

While I'm driving down the highway when I get up to speed, it just shuts off. And in order to start it again I have to stop and shut off everything. Then it will start again but it will do it again down the road. I was just driving 6 miles and it died 4 different times and every time I had to do the same thing and shut everything off after I pulled over just to get it to start again.

- , Monticello, IN, USA

Jun 012011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L V8

First I want to say, I owned a 2001 Dodge ram 1500 v6 with auto trans over 5 years with NO problems. On May 24th 2011, it was destroyed by a f5 tornado. Desperate to find another good Dodge, I came across one that looked good and drove ok, so I bought it. A week later I had to replace the rear axle, then later the ball joints. It seemed ok, but when stopped the idling was never right. It would idle so low that the oil pressure light would come on. Then the engine light came on frequently too. Took it to an auto repair who said they couldn't get anything from the computer, take it to a dealer to get the comp replaced. I was forewarned how a dealer will cost an arm and a leg just to replace the computer, so I decided to buy everything myself I replaced almost all the sensors, and the computer. I read the instructions that came with the idle solenoid that I had to drive the truck at 40 mph at operating temperature so the new computer and new Idle sel could be set. I did exactly as instructed. When I come to a stop, its first idling ok, then it goes way down like its going to stall, but doesn't. Then it goes back up to around 400 to 600 rpm which is still too slow. While I was replacing everything I removed the throttle body and thoroughly cleaned it, so I am surprised its still doing this! The only thing left I can think could be causing this is the fuel evap canister, Catalytic converter, fuel pump, or fuel injectors as these are the only things I didn't clean or check out. I checked and fixed any vacuum leaks as well. I'm stuck.

- , Oklahoma, OK, USA

Aug 042009

Ram 1500

Truck ran great when I got it. Then it stalled when I was slowing down at a stop light. It happened about once a week for a few months, now it stalls every morning, until I hit 55 mph for at least 5 minutes...which is kinda hard to do where I live, needless to say I have a lot of speeding tickets and my insurance rate went up....a LOT! !

I changed plugs, wires, fuel pump, fuel lines, EGR valve, O2 sensor, timing chain, pistons, transmission and everything else the mechanics "EXPERT" opinion thought it could be. So now I'm giving up and considering pouring sugar in the gas tank so it can die for good.

- , Auburn, NY, USA