1. hood pins (1 reports)
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Ram 1500:

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 152007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

was driving down the road and the hood just flew up, mangled the hinges and smashed out the windshield out. I could not pull the hood back down so I drove backwards to my mechanic about a mile down the road. I did get the windshield replaced, and had some hood pins installed, but the hood is still buckled, and very hard to open due to the mangled hinges. it was almost impossible to get all the glass out of the interior. My mechanic told me that there had been a recall on the hood latch. Chrysler will not call back and seems very unwilling to do anything. I was never notified about the recall, and I thing they should have to fix all the stuff that got messed up when the hood flew up.

- , Martin, MI, USA