8.4

2. recall the dashes (7 reports)
  3. armor all takes care of it with heavy coats (1 reports)
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Ram 1500:

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 091998

Ram 1500 1500 Sport 5.2L V8

Dodge is my favorite brand of trucks. i never wanna say any thing bad about them. but about 10 years ago my trucks dash started to fall apart. These trucks were costly and were very likable. my dash caved in and ruined all my electronics. i went to the dealership and asked for them to replace the damn thing. They told me it was out of there hands and turned their cheek. i think someone should recall. Its only fair.

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 032007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L V8

Just after 36K miles my dashboard suddenly popped and cracked for no apparent reason. At that time I contacted Dodge who at first gave me a complaint # then told me it was my problem as the car was out of warranty and that they could not determine if I caused the crack or if it was a defect on their part. I told them that my 1972 VW has less cracks than my 1996 Dodge! I always kept a sunshield in the windshield as I always cared for my NEW truck. Now there are MANY cracks and pieces falling off each week. I use one hole as a cup holder... I thought it may have been from stress but pieces just easily crack in your hand. So many pieces have cracked off that now the trim that holds the a/c vents in does not stay on. The material they used to mold the dash must not have been dried or mixed properly. Dodge needs to own up to the problem as I have seen MANY posts on the net especially with the 2001 model. I want my dashboard replaced or I will not buy Dodge again!

Wayne Williamson Jacksonville, FL

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

May 012007

Ram 1500 1500 360

I had noticed the four cracks across my dsah show up about the same time. Living here in Florida you hear people say it's the sun/heat. I thought it was just me. Now I hear that there are many here locally whohave the same EXACT problem with Dodge RAM trucks. Seems like DODGE has a problem! I have heard of dashes caving in, and now I wonder am I next. They are definitely worrysome and make me wonder........ why me after paying so much for the truck. Is it another case of "planned obsolescence?

- , Mims, FL, USA